Corruption against Thai vs Farang vs PI

asiafun

There had been debate on some other boards and some of my peronal discussions in the past about which country had more corruption - Thailand or the Philiipines and even further which one had the corruption or legalities that were more detrimental to farangs living and working in either country. Any thoughts on this?

My personal experiences/research have led me to believe that the Thai corruption seems to be better managed than their Philippine counterparts.

Well, the Philippines in general is a hardcore Catholic country, approx 80%. I usually associate that corruption and religion work well together $$$.

Thailand seems to be more on a parallel course with the western way of doing business, and keeping religion in its place.

My amateur opinion is that the Philippines is far far more corrupt than Thailand, as I have been going to the PI since the 80's, and have seen little or no progress in their infrastructure, and standard of living. Indonesia also in the same boat as PI.

But the upside is that this corruption keeps the nightlife healthy and vibrant ::

My amateur opinion is that the Philippines is far far more corrupt than Thailand, as I have been going to the PI since the 80's, and have seen little or no progress in their infrastructure, and standard of living.

Around that time the Philippines actually had a better economy & infrastructure than Thailand. In Bangkok, the road to the airport was littered with uncompleted and abandoned buildings. But, look what happened since then.

To me, the greed and corruption is much worse in the PI. So is the level of arrogance and in your face rudeness, as is the generel bullshit. Pinoys have a fucked up sense of "entitlement" to be in the USA, and to get hand outs from us etc...The corruption post Marcos is what is ruining the country...

Archived