Testosterone now available as a cream!

New Petchburi Pete

Lowjit said: The more even the testosterone blood level, the lower the risk of prostate cancer. BTW, the last time I checked stats, the incidence (in the U.S. at least) of prostate cancer for men was almost equal to that of breast cancer for women! That reminds me of one point I forgot to bring up in my thread about having a digital exam. Sometimes polyps can be felt on the digital exam; and, with respect to those, early detection is critical for prevention (and treatment) of colon cancer which can be lethal.

More valuable information.

Thanks, lowjit.

I didn't know that about the link to testosterone levels and prostate cancer.

In my annual physical a few weeks ago had both types of tests: PSA blood test and digital exam.

Both negative, and want to keep it that way.

I learned from your post above that keeping testosterone level steady is important to avoid prostrate problems.

In a previous post you mentioned a pharmacy selling this cream.

Could you post that here?

Hopefully with detailed directions on how to find it -- given the difficulties of finding small stores in this part of the world.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lowjit said:I am not sure what you are paying for the oral supplements; but, for less risk(s) and a more even daily blood level, the gel (Androgel) and the new cream form (derma-Test) are well worth the extra cost.

Other men reading this thread might find this useful.

Testosterone is available "over the counter" in Thailand, at a surprising low cost.

I've found that testosterone supplement has made a positive improvement in my overall stamina, especially during the hot months.

Here is some cost information about the Andriol that I am taking now

Buying in Bangkok, Sukhumvit area, so probably the most expensive of anywhere in Thailand.

Andriol Testocaps, 40 mg. capsules,

Testosterone undecanoate.

Local pharmacy: 170-180 baht/pack of 10 capsules.

Tesco/Lotus, Carrefour pharmacy counter: 165 baht.

Dossage: twice per day.

Monthly supply approximately 1,000 baht.

There is a warning on each pack, in large, capital letters, "MUST BE TAKEN WITH FOOD TO ENSURE ABSORPTION".

That suggests there is a major problem with absorption in capsule form, thus my interest in the cream.

I am certainly willing to pay more for better quality or a more effective product.

Khun004 (and others who have inquired):

KS suggested that I copy and paste my reply from the old forum to the new; but, I wasn't able to as when I clicked on forums, I was redirected to this new forum. So, I'll rewrite my reply for you and a couple of others who have inquired as to where I buy this product.

I buy this product (as well as any other monthly meds I take) at Top Pharmacy at 115/22 Pratumnak Road in South Pattaya. Since I buy everything from them, they'll beat any quoted price for a med from any other pharmacy. It's opposite the V.C. Hotel on the beach side of Pratumnak Road and nearly adjacent to Bangkok Bank. There is parking behind the pharmacy & bank. For those unfamiliar with Pratumnak Road, coming down Pattaya Tai or South Pattaya Road from Sukhumvit towards the beach, it's the left at the intersection of Pattaya Tai and Second Road. In other words, you must turn at that intersection. Left is Pratumnak Rd., right is the beginnig of Second Road. It's down about 100 meters or so and the sign is large and clear. Note that Top Pharmacy is closed on sundays. The telephone number is 038 - 424299.

I know the owners well, and Nitsuda, the pharmacist who usually waits on me. They speak English very well. Mention my name (Mr. Peter). They also know me as "Mr. Arcoxia" as that was the first med I used to buy from them. Just tell them you know me, and they'll give you the promotional price of 1700. Baht, vs. the regular price of 1900 Baht.

BTW, they have the best prices for all of the ED meds; and, they are well educated as to their use, manufacturers, copies, herbal alternatives, etc.

Also, the Kamagra jelly now comes in vanilla flavor. They sell the 100mg packets for 60 Baht/ea; and, if you buy 10, they'll give you a free one! :up:

the cream does not burn .. same same as any lotion but does leave a 'white film' for a minute or 2.

the PRESCRIPTION cream is available in the US for less than $25 per month.

= cheaper than the andro 'supplements'

previously, late 2003, ONLY injectable T was available in LOS.

when I arrived a B'grad in a pink T w/ flowered flip/flops my doctor suggested the 'maleness hormone' lab work. (not!)

actually, at my request, T & IGF-1 was tested. The IGF-1 blood draw was over nighted to Singapore.

Bumrungrad tested my T level, determined my T was only slightly higher than a kethoy & had a nurse give me an injection with the longest / largest diameter syringe I had ever seen!

DEEP IM injection, the B'grad nurse buried the syringe in my ass.

the T prescribed / administered at Bumrungrad is the same 'brand' as at sukhumvet chemists in 2003..

a thick / oily injectable .. hard to draw.

if the chemist has a non-injectable T it is andro at best.

andro works but requires 'conversion / processing' in the body.

Dr. Poj (sp) (endocronoligist, University of Penn grad, not Penn State) at B'grad arranged the labs & prescribed the T.

I will get m T labs & prescription renewed from B'grad in August & will post back with availability.

only certain kinds of T (T-ciponate I think) are legal in the US so bringing Thai T through customs could be problematic.

get your labs done in LOS & show your home country doc.

all my docs in the US, 4 have prescribed off the B'grad labs, have accepted Bumrungrad labs & reports without question.

most body builders are health nuts.

nutritonal extremists that actually read about health related issues.

that's why the health articles are in mags that interest body builders.

Oprah doesn't mention health issues because her audience don't give a rats arse.

where else do you read about the massive benefits of antioxidents, amino acids or protein?

.. Muscle & Fitness or Flex.

being a body builder is not negative.

many non-exercisers attirbute non -'comical obesity' to science not hard work (+ blessed genetics)

go over to Bangkok's Power Zone Gym (02 689-5298 (99)) home of the leading body building team in Asia & see what it takes to be a professional body builder.

#2 Mr. Universe / Mr. Thailand is the owner.

blood, sweat & tears + science makes those guys & gals special

"Derma - Test 100" leaves absolutely no white film whatsoever, even for a minute or two. If you've tried this cream and experienced a white film, it may be due to having a generous supply of body hair where it was applied.

The last time I checked in the States in 2004, the only non-injectable form was the "Androgel," which is a gel and not a cream. And, the going price without insurance for a month's supply (30 packets) was around $200.00. If prescription testosterone is now available in the States as a cream, and the cost is only about $25.00/month, that would be a major advancement.

Before Androgel came out, the most widely presribed drug for IM injections was "depo-testosterone" (thick as oil-based) which cost about $125.00 (without insurance) for a small bottle (forget size). How long it would last would depend upon one's blood level, dosage and frequency of injections. In LOS, "Testoviron Depot" is the IM med of choice. It's also thick and oil-based and a 1ml amplule containing 250mg costs 140 Baht where I've seen it sold. The going rate to have it injected with sterile needle and syringe at a local clinic is 50 baht/injection.

With respect to the IM injections of Testoviron (Schering pharmaceuticals) doctors at most clinics suggest that 1 injection (250mg)/wk. is suficient. I've heard others say that twice a week is OK.

I've met a couple of body builders in Pattaya who admit to having an injection every day, and only for the purposes of building muscle mass. They've admitted that they never had an initial testosterone blood level checked and no follow-ups! Without a doubt, this practice is very dangerous and poses health hazards.

When I spent time in the States in 2004 & 2005, information regarding the health benefits of anti-oxidants, bioflavinoids, low fat & the Meditteranean diet, increased fiber intake and restructuring of the food pyramid, along with the various benefits of fruits, vegetables, nuts, as well as exercise and weight reduction, etc. was widely discussed and covered in many magazines and presented in the daily news as well on talk shows, the internet, health journals (especially), etc.

The info is made available for the benefits of longevity, cancer prevention, heart healthy diets, etc. ... not just for the benefit of body builders. BTW, do they check body building contestants for Mr. Thailand, Mr. Universe, etc. for evidence of use of anabolic steroids and other traces of enhancement doping? They do at the Olympics, easily the most legitimate platform of competition today. Personally, I have nothing against those who use these products for adding muscle mass, etc., although that was not the medical intent of their development and use. Beyond that, this post is being added to the "Health" forum ... not a body building forum, where I have no doubt anabolic steroids of all types are widely discussed.

Archived