Middle East crisis.

Guest baldrick

The overriding problem in the Middle East is the refusal of Arabs to accept the existence of Israel as a homeland for the world's Jews. Until that happens, there can never be peace in the region. The Israelis literally have their backs to the sea, there's no place for them to go. The Palestinians are generic Arabs, they could live anywhere in the Middle East.

There weren't any Palestinians until 1967. For some reason I can never fathom, Palestinians (strongly pro-Nazi during WWII) have become the baby seals of the geopolitical arena. Whatever turmoil they suffer is largely the fault of their own leaders, past and present, but also of a widespread (and age-old) desire to push the Jews into the sea. You'd think after 60 years of losing every armed conflict they've attempted they'd finally learn it's not going to happen. "Never again" is the personal motto of every Israeli.

EP

:devil:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oil makes the world go round , I.E. the American economy , stock market. People bitch about the " fuel surcharge " on their airplane ticket , why ? , the price of oil. Instability in the ME is what is driving oil up and up , $80.00 a barrel now ? , The current ME conflict that started 4 day ago , well the DJ sunk about 400 points in that same time , hmmmmmmm , coincidence ??

Sure , blow up all the OPEC countries , then watch all the world economies turn all of us into 4th world countries... ::

Bada :shakehead Bing

Evel_Penivel said:

Whatever turmoil they suffer is largely the fault of their own leaders, past and present, but also of a widespread (and age-old) desire to push the Jews into the sea. You'd think after 60 years of losing every armed conflict they've attempted they'd finally learn it's not going to happen. "Never again" is the personal motto of every Israeli.

EP

:devil:

I think a lot of Arabs have learned they can never defeat Israel. Their leaders certainly know it. But that doesn't make them like Israel any better. They will never accept Israel in the region. They see it as the source of all their problems. As for the Palestinians or whatever you want to call them about the only thing they can do is fire off a few rockets to remind the world that they are refugees.

Sorry but I do not completely agree.

Palestinians existed before 1967 and the 6 days war.

Thouhh I admit it is partly an "invention" so the arab nationalism could have their "martyrs".

Basically the error comes from the fucked up arrangements between the great powers (US-UK-France) at the end of WW2.

In this region, the brits and french made big political mistakes.

Anyway, in 1948 the state of Israel is created.

-> since then the arab states have been at war with this state for a considerable time and it was not a sporadic conflict.

Why? Mainly because the arab leaders found easier to make israel the "jew responsible for all the problems" rather than trying to improve the local situation and cope with local problems -> arab nationalism

Palestinians?

Yep the Brits fucked up this situation but at the begining the palestinians and the jews were not doing bad together.

The term palestinian is mainly used in the litterature-propagande etc... since 1949-1950 and at first exclusively in the arab medias.

Do not forget that in 1948 the surrounding arab states attacked Israel thinking they will easily win, they did not succeed but Jordany for example, took from Israel, half of Jerusalem and the biggest part of the actual Palestine.

->Since then, the arab states created the "palestinians martyrs symbol" and kept on calling to the holy war.

Creating palestinians divisions and brigades (Egypt and Jordany)

and sending a lots of sabotage missions + daily artillery bombings etc...

Till 1967: Israel took back its lost territories, wipped out the palestinians and arabs.

So it's free for (ameircan) indians, aborigenes, maoris and many other native populations to start terrorist movements under tha name of freedomfighting and to try to kick out the ockupants in the sea? ::

Iraqi have the right to try to recover their land.

Palestinians made the BIG mistake of trying to wipe out Israel

instead of discussing peacefuly in 1948.

And in 1967 they made the other mistake of believing they could recover the entirety of their land by the force of wepons

-> they got totally occupied.

What I discuss, nieht the Israelis and palestinians are right

-> the Brits fucked up big time the situation when leaving.

But what I dislike in the palestinians.

-> They never tried to discuss peacefully -> there was always some fights/bombings etc... and please do not say that 2 months without bombings is peace........

They know since 1948 how Israel reacts when attacked, why the hell did not they change their way of dealing with Israel?

Why do a vast majority of Israelis do firmly believe that arabs and palestinians only understand the use of strenght?

elef said:

So it's free for (ameircan) indians, aborigenes, maoris and many other native populations to start terrorist movements under tha name of freedomfighting and to try to kick out the ockupants in the sea? ::

Some of them would like to I'm sure but it would be stupid and futile. Some of those people you mention are trying to get their rights back through the courts. That's pretty futile too.

The Palestinians are living on garbage heaps already so they probably feel like they don't have much to lose.

drogon said:

They know since 1948 how Israel reacts when attacked, why the hell did not they change their way of dealing with Israel?

Same reason they blow themselves up. They don't give a shit anymore and just want to give Israelis a headache. The peace process has been dead for quite a while. The Israelis know it very well.

There was a time when the Israelis thought they had a nice compliant labour force. Those days are gone.

Archived