Middle East crisis.

Guest baldrick

elef said:

chuckwoww,

now you have one set of rules for the ME and one (or many) for all other situations. If you're not accepting status quo you must define one general solution for all conflics now and in future.

Why do I have to accept anything? Your status quo idea works great in somewhere like Switzerland. We're talking about Israel/Palestine here aren't we? Who makes the rules? Who enforces them?

I need some sleep. It's been fun.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The war on terrorism is building on a status quo-principle so you can say that's the doctrine today.

I agree with you about what arabs think and the result is that will never be a peace in ME - some arabs at least will never accept the existence of Israel. So it's logical for Israel not to give up anything more until all arabs accept Israel which will never happen.

chuckwoww said:

Me and Evel have had this discussion before. He basically thinks the Palestinians (and the Iraqi insurgents) should just get over it. Evel has never had his land occupied or stolen.

I think that is the single biggest issue here, it isn't that Palestinians are "Generic Arabs" and can live anywhere, it is the simple fact that they want to live where they had been living, and resent someone taking over and occupying...

For a little more fuel on the fire, Wasn't Isreal more less flooded with European Jews in 1948? Hence many/most are/were not actually from the region to start with? And what about the agrument that parts of Europe were over run with Jewish refugees, and no country wanted to accept them, so the creation of Isreal seemed the best solution...? Had the world powers fore seen the troubles would they have created Isreal in the first place? Discuss...

Hitler was quickly wiping out the Jews and the world turned a blind eye to the situation.

The Catholic Pope, also never did anything.

IMO (maybe others also), out of guilt and pushing by the Catholic Pope, the nation of Isreal was setup, without asking the people living in that area if it was Ok with them.

60 years later, the people living in that area are still pissed about it and both sides have been guilty of not playing nice.

Hi,

"and both sides have been guilty of not playing nice."

This seems to be overlooked by many participants in discussions such as these. I remember talking about the Israel/Palestian issue with a Isreali colleague once, he would flatout refused to accept even the slightest fault on the Israeli side.

Until *both* parties accept that they too have been wrong, nothing will change.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

They cant even sort out Northern Ireland properly and they are all christians so theres really zero hope for the ME......

I'm for Israel but the first to admit that their policy all the time has been some sort of state-terrorism. The problem with the guys supporting the arab side is the same that they never do anything else than defending themselves.

I don't see any solution with a situation with arabs who are the rightful owners of the country and jews who think that the country was given to them by God. Maybe some day in future we can leave our nationalism and just be regions and that will solve such conflicts in ME and northern ireland.

Well one thing is for sure USA will not tell Israel to pull their heads in, because the money behind the throne in the USA is mostly from the Jews.

I feel sorry for the innocent who where just getting on with life and have had the crap bombed out them. This is all over 3 persons we have how many killed so far on both sides? 100+? Give them back a couple of prisoners and negotiate

They are all the same Jew and Arabs they all come from the same area, all hot heads.

Archived