Surin Entertainment Soi

Isanguy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy,

The main difference is that you will need some Thai language at least to communicate, many of the girls speak no English what-so-ever, and also, the girls do not come over and flock around you like many bars/bargirls in BKK and Pattaya will. Here you need to ask them over to you and ask them if you can buy them a drink. Less pressure here, but also not as welcoming feeling as in the BKK places. The moves are up to the patron rather than the girls. Very civilized really. I'd also not flash cash at the ladies. Be discrete. I never see the Thai men stuffing baht down the BG's tops and pants blatantly. And the Thai men usually seem to behave very low key. When in Rome, and all that. Go to the newer gogo bar in the middle of the Soi next to the Karaoke places. 1st floor bar, AC-ed and small, but nice place really. Laid back, but the girls are friendly once you get to know them a bit. Also, they will try to give you the price for a take away in BKK numbers. Like 2,000 or 3,000 baht. 1,000/1,500 should do it if you bargain. Weird thing is, all over Thailand the girls seem to ask for BKK wages for P4P experiences, and the bars everywhere seem to want BKK barfine prices as well. Farang prices anyway. I have no idea what the Thai guys pay/are asked for.

Also at the far left end of the soi there is an upstairs gogo bar called Coyote Club, or some such. Last door on the left as you walk down the soi, across from the Billiard Club that used to be a disco. You'll see the girls hanging out front by the food cart in front of the poolhall. This place is owned by the same people that own the smaller gogo further up the soi and many of the girls go from one place to the other depending on where the guys are. This upstairs place is cool, has a gorgeous DJ actually, and lots of room. Rarely any farang up there, but the place is the same as the other described, you need to make the first move and ask a girl to come sit with you and give her a drink. Many will drink whatever you are drinking. But, you will be charged extra if she drinks from your bottle still.

Let us know how it went there for you. I'd be interested in hearing your experiences there. Also, the Speed3 disco club at the head of the soi is a good place to see nice ladies and make friends. Just be careful you are not hitting on some young Thai mafioso's girlfriend when going there. :-)

One more thing. I've been told there is a full service massage parlor behind the Memorial Hotel. Haven't been there yet, but will go one day soon just to check it out.

Cent

Hello Cent.

Going to many of these kind of places because my "work" brings me there I can tell you that the Thai guys pay a lot more in these kind of places than we do. Especially in Bangkok in these kind of places prices are asked that would "scare" farang punters. The Thai man that goes out for pussy usually pays a premium.

It is all about face. They are extremely stinchy when it goes to tipping the ladies after sex though. But they pay topprices for their drinks and they usually leave a good tip with the waiters after paying their bills.

These are my observations from Rama IX cafe, Thonburi Plaza, Krungthon Complex, Noar and more places like that. Both in and outside of Bangkok

Waerth

What are you basing this on? do you mean in the same club for the same drink a Thai PAYS MORE? I don't believe it. Been in a ton of places that cater to Thais, with Thais, and the drink prices were cheap, the pussy was the same as I'd pay on Sukhumvit. Did get a deal in BangPlee though.

Thanks for the heads up. It all went fairly well. Your assessment was on the mark. I started at the Coyote Club at about 9:30. I had been told at Farang Connection that nothing would be happening until 10. Sure enough that's when the string of dancers started hitting the small stage, dancing their two songs and getting off stage. I was totally ignored since the place was fairly full of Thai men Dance costume was at most slightly trashy street clothes along with heels or boots. It looked more like coyote dancing that's caught on. I left at 11. I then tried to find the other go go. It appears that all the bars there are karaoke bars. I decided to try out the one that did not have the microphone looking sign. It turned out to be the right one. Here there was a very small stage and no dancers at the moment. After a few minutes a string of dancers, two at a time got up to dance. The same dress code seemed in place, shorts or a skirt, boots or heels and some sort of top. I eventually got one of the dancers over to sit with me. It was a little rough as my Thai is crappy and her English was non-existent She wanted to go to Speed 3 so in a fit of generosity I paid bar for her and nong sao. Barfine was 600 baht each. Speed 3 is a nice club. Earlier in the evening a singer Palmy had performed there. After a couple of hours my new friend and I retired to my hotel. No problems with bringing a guest back. I must say that in the course of the evening I saw many nice looking ladies. I think I may have to take a trip down again soon.

Bill

Bill,

Glad the info helped. And yeah, there are some nice looking ladies around this soi almost every night. Weekends it is packed out, but even on weekdays there is a scene. This place was pretty dead a few years ago, and Purachai's edicts and bans really fucked it up for a while. But the past 2 years it has grown tremendously for a small town like Surin. The girls dancing in the small gogo are nearly all speaking Khmen. I haven't come across a Lao speaker yet there. Most seem to be from Surin and the surrounding area, although I have met some from BKK and Petch and a few other cities.

Question: What did they ask you for their services?

Another question: Isn't there any nightlife in Ubon Ratch? Are you playing in Surin so the wifey doesn't catch you? :-) The problem with Surin is it is a small town and I am well known here by many Thais through the family (teachers, family friends, customers of our restaurant shop, etc.--and there is a restaurant on this street many middle class Thais we know like to eat at-so I have to be careful.)

Yep, Coyote style dancing/dress has been a hit here as it causes no problems with the cops and pols. Surin is a very ThaiRakThai place. They used to dance naked, and in the upstairs club naked women would be walking around the place all the time from table to table to sit with you. That is a thing of the past now sadly.

Speed3 is a very nice disco. Lots of pretty ladies there, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. If you want a bit more privacy with a lady go to the upstairs balcony, the stairs on on your left in the back of the club. There is a hong nam up there and a smaller bar. It also gives a good view of the stage and is always much less crowded, plus you can sit near one of the AC vents. It does get hot in there when the crowds are in. Some very good shows there and some funny skits. Some sexy dancers and singers.

Also, there is a sing-a-song place named Caesar's right in front of the Thong Tarin Hotel. There are possibilities here as well, as the women can be taken out if they like you. It is the same old 'buy your fav singer a lei'. She gets half the price of the lei. Used to be 20 baht a lei, I think it has gone up with the recent management changeover. A good place with AC and foods and music, and some good looking 'singers' as well.

Was told by a friend who used the massage parlor behind the Thong Tarin Hotel that there are some very good looking ladies in there. 2 tiers/levels of massage lady. Regular and superstar. He said the regular girls were fine and nice looking. 2500 baht for an all inclusive massage I think he said. I could be wrong. I'll check with him.

There is also another big sing-a-song place nearby I have yet to check out. Will probably do so this coming weekend.

We'll have to try to hook up some time Bill. Being a Bostonian we do have some things in common with you New Yawkas, and it's always good to meet a fellow farang to party with up here in da Isaan. :-)

Later,

Cent

Thanks for the comments. Yes, there is some nightlife up here in Ubon. You have the standard soapys and karaoke bars. Like Surin there are not that many farang in Ubon so we tend to stick out a bit. Also for some reason we are very interesting to the local Thais. A friend of mine gets news of my comings and goings from my landlady, not that he is interested. She asks his wife why she can't find a good woman for me instead of some of the women that come around me. Taking the short train trip to Surin relieved this problem. BTW there is a go go bar in Ubon. However, I would rate it below Wolverine in Udon Thani as the worst experience available. Actually the only time I visited Wolverine I had a good time with a girl I took out of there. 1000 baht short time including bar fine. Attractive woman and good service. The rest of the place is the dregs. Coal mines are better lit. The fee for the girl from the go go was 1500 baht for a long short time. It was money well spent. I will be back down very soon, maybe in the next couple of weeks.

Bill

I was talking about ''these kind of places Old Hippie'' not about a pricedifference in one and the same place.

My experience is based on me performing in a Thai comedy group for over 2 years and us playing in these kind of places almost daily at least once. More than once I have joined one of the male customers at his table because he wanted to buy me and other members of our group drinks. I have seen the prices in these kind of places and I have listened to how much the girls quote these guys. Patpong is cheap compared to what these Thai guys get quoted.

The "worst" bill I have ever seen someone pay was for 10 persons in Rama IX cafe including an appropriate number of girls. 64.000 baht. He did eat all the "special" dishes though (shark fin soup etc)

Waerth

Archived