Dennis' testimonial

limbo

Yesterday Dennis Bergkamp pleyed his last game as an active football player which happened to be at the same time the first game ever for Arsenal to play in their new Emirates stadium. Opponent was Ajax Amsterdam, a team Bergkamp had his first successes with.

The final score was 2-1 with goals by Henry and Kanu and Huntelaar for Ajax.

First half was played with the current teams of each side, the second half was played with players invited by Dennis, at Arsenal's side it was a.o. Patrick Vieira, David Seaman, Ian Wright, Marc Overmars, Glenn Helder (glad to see he was invited!) and Martin Keown for Ajax a.o. Edwin van der Sar, Stanley Menzo, Edgar Davids, Stefan Petterson, Jan Wouters and Wim Jonk but it went really crazy when Johan Cruyff and Marco van Basten played for a few minutes.

Dennis "GOD" Bergkamp :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who cares?.............. :dunno::sleeping::cover:

I care, as do the 54,000 people who turned up for the match, many even travelling from Holland to be there.

:worship: Bergkamp is a legend and is one of the very best foreign players ever to play in England.

Goodbye Denis, you will never be forgotten. :wave::bow:

We got the highlights here and it will be shown in its entirety on Monday.

My fave highlight was that Edgar Davids got tackled by Grimaldi. I heard Davids was booed each time he touched the ball. He's a sperz player and that can't be forgiven, even on DB's day.

van Basten is still class, saw a DB like touch where he kept the ball in the air in a 'keep up' type of way and shot on goal.

Henry's testimonial will be a huge occasion as well. 3 more years I think.

Archived