Chaweng, Soi Reggae Pub

limbo

Went out last night at Soi Reggae and a good time was had by all.

Started out in the Eye-95 bar, where my friends are regulars and a quiet drink there. Some hot and interactive girls in there. One of the few bars with girls dressed up in uniforms (cowboy hats are part of it).

Followed by a few beers in a bar down the road which name I forgot. Excellent bar, good fun. Will follow up with a name later.

Than on to the Reggae Pub itself, by 12.30am the band was still playing, each night they have a live band on. Shortky afterwards the DJ took over and at 1am they stopped for the weekly Sunday beerdrinking contest, first the guys, than the girls. Good fun again.

The place was loaded with freelancers as usual and lots of girls from the bars down the road coming in and having a quick peek, dance or chat.

Left briefly before 3, music still going strong untill 3 though. Skipped Solo bar and went home.

Is it still the same house band that plays there like 3 times a week? Lead singer is a hottie babe? They sing a lot of top 40 songs, and other members of the band also take lead sing on other songs? Anyone one know if Tiger is still bartending there? he is the bar manager on the right hand side of the place when you walk in the door..

Can yuou help me with the local of Chaweng and Soi Reggae.is that a district in Phuket City?

Chaweng is the district area along the beach of the same name...theres one road that goes the length of it....The bar area is to the north of it (airport end), where there are a few bars (green mango etc) and some ladies around, one i knew for a long time! I stayed there for about 6 weeks...it's ok.......

The Reggae bar is set back from Chaweng, it's a short moto journey if you hire a bike, or take one of the interesting taxis....it's ok, the music really gets on my nerves as they play the same tunes week in, week out...lots of ladies plying their trade...a bugger when it rains there tho'....

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Soi Reggea was booming. Many bars were in full swing with many happy punters.

Made the usual stop at Eye 90 and also in Paradise (short time room upstairs available), the latter is close to the Reggea Pub.

Reggea Pub itself was packed and steaming (open air, so not literally). Heaps of talent around. At 3 am closing time came around, everybody who could still move went off to the lake party. Solo bar was closed because of the lake party. Didn't go there so can't comment on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny coversation I had last night in Reggea Pub;

FL; "What your name?"

Limbo; "My name is Limbo."

FL; "My name is NancyIgowithyou."

Limbo; "Well, that's a long name, haven't heard that one too many times."

FL; "I know you stay alone, go shorttime?"

Limbo; "I'm not really alone, I have a wife and 2 children at home......"

FL; "Yeah, no problem, have two friends at home!"

Archived