Chaweng, Soi Reggae Pub

limbo

Nope, not really, no ST room.

Had another offer soon afterwards...... :shhh: but also no ST room.

On my way back to the car, I sighted a very cute couple of girls (couple as in 2) in a completely empty bar and had a chat there, now that was something to go back to and spend some research time on.

In general, Samui is too small and I only go out for drinks in Samui. :beer: Too many people that know me here.

Still packed at 2 am? It's a good to see the old early closing time rules melt away. Could never see how they would work in a places like Koh Samui, which almost exclusively caters to tourists.

Koh Samui is changing. Not complaining, but now it seems like a but of Farang-land in Thailand. Hotels on Koh Chaweng were quite pricey.

When I last visited, there were villa projects going up everywhere, prices are high and I even ran into farang touts who were trying to sell villas. They reminded of the time share shuksters I used to see in Hawaii and Mexico.

I am wondering, with the big crackdown on Farang's using companies to buy property and the arrest of about five or six Farangs and one Land Department official about a month or so back because of land law violations, are developers still so open about trying to sell villas to Farangs? I wonder if the Farangs they are targetting have any idea about how difficult it is now to 'acquire' property in Koh Samui (or do they discover after they make their deposit)? Just curious?

I can remember the old narrow rickety wooden bridge you could take accross the lagoon from the beach area of Chaweng to reach the Reggae Pub. I also remember that Farangs and Thais would actually drive motorcyles on that thing (I wonder how many ended up in the lagoon)?

Gadfly,

The time share sellers are still all over the place, they're relentless sukkers.

As for the wooden bridge to the Reggea Pub, that ain't no more. The whole lake has changed and has now a concrete foundation around it with on the Chaweng side a big promenade.

There's now also a two lane road to ease traffic on the now one way beach road.

Samui did change very rapid over the last 5 or 6 years and many changes went so fast, parts of the island couldn't keep up, especially public raods, water drainage etc.

Archived