Real Football Starting!

cavanami

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave,

Just jumping in here to say a quick Thank You for being the commish last year. I ran one last year for a Pattaya board, so I know how much work it can be at times.

And for what it's worth, I think you ran a clean league and got a lot of crap sent your way that wasn't called for.

I will be putting up a Gridiron league (somewhat simular to the Brits EPL League) and would be interested in joining you guys if you start another American League on ESPN.... hopefully, this year they will start the season with more servers :cool:

Shilo

Ultra,

Great to hear from you!!! How is it back in the real world?

I would love to be a member in an NPF fantasy league...but after all the strife last year, I would rather nott be the commish again. If you want to start one, I'll sign up.

What happened with the league last year?

I'mm too busy right now to set up the league, but in eight weeks I'll have a more sane schedule. So if somebody wants to start it up, I can take over later.

Cheers,

SD

PS -- How 'bout them MoTown Kitties? 555555555555555555 I may even punish myself and try to go to a game this year. I hear Ford Field is nice...

It was a long sad story...but basically it all began when I made a trade with another owner that some thought was unfair (even though it turned out he got the better end of the deal by far) This caused 2 owners to drop out which meant that 2 teams were either to be set adrift (unfairly benefitting the owners who plated them later in the season) or I (with others input) had to manage these ghost teams. This is what happened, which led to more problems of how agressively do you attempt to make these teams competitive.

I'd run the fantasy league for 4 years and never had any kind of problem (I've also never won :( )

so it was a big disappointment and took a great deal of fun out of it for me.

This year it appears that NFL.com is back to offering a free league again (we used them one year) as is ESPN who we used last year. NFL seems to do a better job of updating (and is who I monitor during the games themselves) but ESPN has more choices you customize your league scoring systems and rules.

So it appears we have 4 interested parties but really need at least 8 (12 is a better number) to have our own league. Will other interested players please make yourselves known and we can sort this out. Otherwise, I will just sign up to random leagues on NFL or ESPN. Perhaps a few of us could coordinate to sign up for those same leagues.

Archived