Bullys Rerport?

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Guest HonoluluJimmy

[color:black]Any reports on Bulys food and female fair. Nice local to the J.W. Out the door and into the hotel via the bakery![/color]

Been in here a few times. Never got into the place. The food was really not very good. The owner/manager is friendly...but some of the stuff are pretty impolite IMHO.

The drinks are too expensive for the standard of the place, the girls are very average,again,IMO, and the band that plays sometimes is really terrible. Apart from that I really love the place, and everything else is fine...oh yeah,one more thing. The toilets aren't great. I One night after alot of drinks I was standing taking a piss. Well I find in Bangkok that there alot of extractor fans just above the urinals when your pissing. Now I see them going. The curiosity got the better of me one night, when I decided to stick my finger in very quickly. I just wanted to see how hard they really are. It was a plastic one, not metal. They do go around quite fast and it was alittle sore. But I only skimmed my finger in and out in a split second. Didnt really put it there,or else it would be sore. I know it was a stupid thing to do but as I said I was curious.

BTW, this isn't a black mark against BUllys, but against me.

I have to agree about service and food quality. But then I don't like the food at Gullivers either; I am not a pub grub fan.

They seem a bit disorganized here (more so than at Gullivers), which is surprising given the amount of money that must have invested in that place.

Interestingly, and probably not surprisingly, go go bars probably have the best service here in terms of making sure that someone asks for your order.

Stopped by Bully's for a late lunch last week with a friend of mine who knows the owner... Food was good, service very poor considering that there were only two other tables being used while we were there... My friend said that the owner was "getting rid of the Working Girls" to help change the image...

Pianoman

• 1 year later...

When I went in the owner was bollocking one of his bar staff saying something about "no a rat did not do it, how can you say stuff like that?" he was really loud, and there was only two tables in with quite music. the poor girl behind the bar was adiment that a rat had done it. I think they were talking about a burst pipe....

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been for a few years now, so I'm not sure the current owner is the one I remember. Used to be a guy that looked a bit like Carroll O'Connor playing Archie Bunker in the American TV show All in the Family. Had other bars around the corner, I believe.

Was simply trying to enjoy a solitary meal, beer and the day's Post, and this guy kept going on at length about how much he spent on plasma TVs, tiles in his bathroom, etc. Said some shockingly disrespectful things about his own staff at full volume despite it being very quiet inside.

Haven't been returned since but would go back if it's changed hands. Food was quite good and the location cannot be beaten.

Archived