Shootings on Samui

limbo

Yah thats the view of many a tourist and longstayers too. They love having shit in their eyes otherwise you wake them up out of their dream.

I lived for years at Koh Phangan. Lovely to see the heroine/yabaa addicts working hard on an income by robbing the bungalows which of course could not be locked secure, with the help of innocent? Thai bungalow owners not to do repairs. Lovely to see the Nature completely ruined over the years. In Haad Rin there is no green anymore, green idyllic paths turned into busy dusty roads where dogs And ppl get killed by cars.To get away from home it was lovely to be on an tropical island with no cars, telephones, and internet so you could really be AWAY. Lovely to see the kind of tourists changed completely from a fun-loving-grasssmoking-sexual-spiritual crowd to a boring-drunk-cantgetlaid-havetomakeupforit withboosh crowd-donotwannaknowThaiculturenorThais. Lovely to see so many swim to Koh Samui only about 10 ks away on mushrooms to arrive face down. Lovely to know about all the complaints from worldwide embassies that there is too many body bags leaving the island. Lovely to watch the Thai gang with a lunatic as leader harrass all the Farang girls cuz if they ever talked to him they were HIS and he would beat them up for it or the guy close to her...

JUst a few details of the top of my head...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no interest in Samui. Last time I was there I stayed in Chaweng. Difficult to find decent Thai food, had to go down the rough dimly lit sois in search of som tam. Burger King, Hagen Daz, Swensens, 7/11 all within feet of each other.. and a (Maybe Greek) Elvis impersonator on the main drag.

Thousands of Farangs dancing to the same crappy generic pop hits like some kind of Spring Break nightmare. The Mirror and The Sun gracing the news stands.

Hello, Good evening and Welcome to Thailand?

Ohhhh Chaweng hadnt been there for years. What a shock! High rise for miles. I did manage to find one bungalow park...and a lousy meal somewhere and got into my quick-travel-move on mode.

If you are looking for hords of drunken tourists, western chain restaurants and -stores and a cowded not very beautiful beach you will like it.

It's already 3-4 years that I've been there, but it reminded me on some of the party places in Europe (at Mallorca for example) where you will find the worst kind of tourists.

Topcatta said

" What a shock! High rise for miles."

Theres no high rises on Ko Samui, there are some larger hotels but not like on Patong, or Pattaya..

Chaweng is a touristy trap ! But defining Ko Samui as Chaweng, is like defining Koh Phangan as Haad rin...

Hey Topcatta?

Samui is still my all round favorite place in Thailand, you just gotta travel the island and find the hidden gems..

I didnt define anything.

No didnt post on the Kohphanganie sites at all. Have no interest in it. I LOVED the full moon parties in the hippie and hippie kids times but those days are GONE. I hope you had a chance to enjoy them too otherwise you would think the shit that is going on now is a party... I only visit the island to visit friends and might have a stroll towards Cactus but only to find myself getting irritated thinking about some real funky WILD times going on there...

Anyways dont let me spoil your party fun and have a good one on me!

Topcatta,

Samui has absolutely no high rise, it's forbidden to build higher than the coconut trees (although one person managed to build a slightly higher building on top of a mountain on the outskirts of Chaweng :barf:).

Othr than that, I don't think that you get the same kind of audience as in PTY in Samui, at least not yet.

I can understand that you may be disappointed by how Chaweng developed, but stick to the facts! :beer:

Archived