Cebu?

Asfo is a rich source if info on the philippines esp Kabayo and the Goldenman, if you can believe him. Kabayo used to do a nice penpal mag full of PI girls.-peter

quote:

Originally posted by Mr Scott:

I have seen several posts in the past regarding Angles and Manila but does anyone have any info regarding Cebu?

Cebu is kinda spread out but the taxis are cheap and so are the jeepnys. I would not stay downtown because there isnt that much happening there. I would stay at jasmine pension next to Harleys and check out the scene there. There are some pretty impressive malls there and I was surprised about that. I thought I was back in the world or something. Taxi from airport should be around 150P to get into town and it is quite a distance. If you are a white guy without a girl you shouldnt have a problem to meet one. There is a gogo bar called the Firehouse which has girls and I think a place called the silver dollar. Downtown are some dumps but not much fun I dont think. The biggest thing is that it is spread out so you need to learn your way around. To me it was kinda like america but PI has changed alot since the americans left and if you were there before you will notice it. Angeles was much more of a happy place before and seems kinda sad now. Anyway you should give it a go.

I've been there only once, and I had a hell of a good time. There are several places where you go in and pick up a girl from a line up. Can't really remember their names though. Could be embarrassing, becasue there is no fish bowl, just a bunch of girls sitting in a room, and you're in the room with them. Hire a taxi for a few hours and ask him to take you around to differnet places.

Quality of the girls: Excellent

Attitude: Excellent

Beaches: very nice

If you find a girl that likes you, then you'll have a true girlfriend experience, unlike the game/show that most of the the Thai girls play.

• 3 weeks later...

Was in Cebu about 5 years back, stayed at plantation resort, not bad, $50.00 usd, may be lower now, or higher. Had a "reliable" taxi driver show me where the "collage girls were." Not bad, great place, can be pricy for food and drink, have her show you where to go! enjoy!

I think that the whole race of men is divided into men who greatly prefer Thailand over the Philippines and the other way round. I belong to the first group...

Without going into detail about why I don't like PI, I must say that the only place I liked overall was Cebu. Firehouse go go bar had long-legged beauties, I got my first decent local's cuisine meal, and I met a lovely dancer at that strip popular with japanese nearby (I forget the name).

But the bottom line is that unless you want a *relationship* with an English-speaking woman who is culturally Christian, most upcountry Thai provincial capitals are better than Cebu in *every* way.

I have been to Cebu many times and the girls are generally more beautiful than Angeles.

I find the street action quite exciting in Cebu with young 18-19 y.o and there attidudes are pretty good. I prefer both filapinas/thais and the bonus with filapinas is being able to talk together in english but the infrastructure in thailand is so much better.

Ceb has many stripbars, streetaction, casas, shopping malls to meet college girls.

If anybody is interested in reports i have posted on other boards on cebu email me at asia_hand@hotmail.com and i will post back. i would post it here but there is no link here like on the old board but am starting to like the board with the exception that you cant post pics anymore.

Archived