Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

quote:

Originally posted by Prosal:

P,thanks,but i consider the informations of Maribayaman and Gado Gado very good and useful,and think you can follow all their advices.

As i go there mid Aug,i just called friends there,they don't worry about president's impeachment or state of emergency.

The only problem could be the atmosphere with the 40000 troops and police in the city,day and night,and i think during all August.

Another poster on the other Indonesia thread recommended to avoid north part of the city (Kota,Mangga Besar),where there could be riots.I'm not so sure about it,but it could arrive (i should be upset couldn't go in Stadium,Tiara Cera,Kartika or Bintang Mawar !!).In this case,better stick to Central or South (apart from every spot you've certainly heard about in JKT,

and if it's your kind of place,the most 'trendy' in the moment is Lava Lounge,close Senayan,where you'll find every model or 'like to be model'of the city,just smile,be nice and you will be surprised it's so easy to score!!)

Anyway don't hesitate to get more informations from anyone of this JKT thread.

Cheers

thanks for the reply, here i continue some issues.

what is up with the scene i'd like to know more. when is it opened , 7 days a week like bkk? and how are the girls there, their ages, are they laid down like bkk, can you go back to her home with a girl, if not then where would you recommend taking her,. etc.?

where to sleep when you go there on your own, any area recomended where it is not dangerous and the prices to rent a guestroom/hotelroom are cheap. is jalanjalan area any good?

and where are all the sanuk places located, is there any map of it like in bkkmaps they have of nana, cowboy etc.

these were some questions for now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by P:

thanks for the reply, here i continue some issues.

what is up with the scene i'd like to know more. when is it opened , 7 days a week like bkk? and how are the girls there, their ages, are they laid down like bkk, can you go back to her home with a girl, if not then where would you recommend taking her,. etc.?

where to sleep when you go there on your own, any area recomended where it is not dangerous and the prices to rent a guestroom/hotelroom are cheap. is jalanjalan area any good?

and where are all the sanuk places located, is there any map of it like in bkkmaps they have of nana, cowboy etc.

these were some questions for now.

P,you have to relax,and read once more the posts from Maribayaman and Gado,there is enought to inform you about JKT and places to keep you sexuelly VERY busy for a 2 weeks stay.

So keep cool,follow their advices (for the hotel,Maribayaman recommended Ambhara,which is a good choice in block M,not so far from Jalan Jalan,as per your request)

Hava a good stay and please relax

Cheers

quote:

P,you have to relax,and read once more the posts from Maribayaman and Gado,there is enought to inform you about JKT and places to keep you sexuelly VERY busy for a 2 weeks stay.

So keep cool,follow their advices (for the hotel,Maribayaman recommended Ambhara,which is a good choice in block M,not so far from Jalan Jalan,as per your request)

Hava a good stay and please relax

Cheers

yes lol.. i was a bit in a hurry, now i read the posts and was insightful good posts.

but is there any map off the jkt sanukplaces somewhere on internet like they had maps of sanuk in bkk.

a question i'd like to know is how do the locals react/look when seeing you with a local girl. is it a similar example as how they look at you in bkk? i'd like to know that one especially as indonesia is even a muslim country (more strict then buddist)

P,

I wouldn't worry about the looks you get bringing a girl back the hotel. The only funning looks you will get if you have breakfast will one in the restaurant. It depends on what type of clothes they are wearing. I generally take home girls that are wearing more than a g-string primarily as they the ones that will hang around LT.

The girl in the skinny mini and revealing top is going to be up at the crack of dawn dissappearing in a Bluebird Taxi to avoid the local stares.

In regards to Hotels, I reckon, I have stayed in about 50 of them. The Ambhara is good, I liked the Atlet Century Park (Senayan) , the rooms to big enough to play a cricket game in em. The IBIS Slipi is central too. Two weeks ago stayed in the Park Plaza hotel, nice but no cabbie can find it as it changed names about a year ago.

There is a hotel right in the dead smak centre of the ST Zone. I checked it out last time and will give it ago next time. Has a disco on the top floor. Just can't remember the name, but has all the ST places out the front. Just a 1 minute walk to Halo Mas.

quote:

Another poster on the other Indonesia thread recommended to avoid north part of the city (Kota,Mangga Besar),where there could be riots.I'm not so sure about it,but it could arrive (i should be upset couldn't go in Stadium,Tiara Cera,Kartika or Bintang Mawar !!).

Cheers[/QB]

Hi Prosal

I think you are maybe referring to my post on the thread started by Long Gun. Actually all I meant was that IF there are riots they are traditionally worst in the Chinatown area. But of course I hope it won't happen.

Anyway, I gotta say I always enjoy reading your posts here. I'm more interested in the scene in Indonesia now than in Thailand, and your posts are always worth reading.

I'm ashamed to say that in Jakarta I only know the bule ghettos hard rock, Tanamour, JJs, Blok M though I did go to stadium one time. My next trip will be in September or October and I hope to go to some more interesting places. Could you tell me the exact locations of Lava Lounge, Jalan Jalan and Retro? And can you give me an idea of what prices it is possible to bargain at the hotels you mention?

Post the answers here or email me at orangbintang@yahoo.com.

And please keep posting about Indonesia!

quote:

Originally posted by gadogado:

The girl in the skinny mini and revealing top is going to be up at the crack of dawn dissappearing in a Bluebird Taxi to avoid the local stares.

Well, it's funny you should mention that, because the girl I took back from Blok M the other night was wearing the kind of outfit I would have avoided in Pattaya because of that. Not the mini, but the lowcut clinging pants and the halter top struggling to contain her rather generous chest. I had forgotten what a perverse pleasure it could be taking a girl like that for breakfast in a half-decent hotel.

Getting her to stay certainly wasn't a problem, getting her to leave almost became a nightmare! She was an excellent choice on the first night and did a great job as nurse but was well on the way to becoming a psycho-bitch from hell by the time I bundled her out of the room before I checked out (complicated story!)

What tickled me was that after she had gone home around teatime she called the hotel and asked if she could come round again. I (foolishly) agreed and an hour or so later she turned up in a replica outfit, only this time in bright white!! Just the job for a quiet evening in!

Interested to read that you stayed in the Park Plaza which is where I was before I came here (Bandung). Seemed good value and not a bad situation - close to J-Js at least, but, as you say, the taxis were't too familiar with it. What was it called before then? Maybe it's easier to ask for that, though they know Taman Aggrek across the road which helps a bit.

Will probably go there again tomorrow simply because I know where it is now! I saw that Alhambra place though - good location! I will avoid Blok M on my last night though, for reasons alluded to earlier!

LG

quote:

Originally posted by land o' scams:

Hey Long Gun, How about some current info on Bandung?

Well, it's reasonably warm and it's just stopped raining!

I'm in an internet cafe near the main university which has easily the fastest connection I have found here or in Jakarta, though it's still slow by Bangkok standards.

I'm off for a good look around tonight so I will post some details when I have more to tell. Shopping centre was interesting, last night (Friday) seemed very quiet really but the trip here is worth it for the train ride and the hotel prices!

LG

Long Gun,

I believe the Park Plaza was called the Park Pavilion before but not 100% sure. I am fluent in speak Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Jakarta and it was a pain in the ass for me to get to. So I would not recommend in to any tourists unless of course they want to see a lot of Jakarta in the middle of the night with a nice cewek next to them.

The biggest problem is if you are on the Jalan Tol you have to take the Tomang exit not the Slipi one which makes it hard to comprehend once you have a few beer in you.

Taman Anggrek is a good marker but I always passed it before too late.

You can actually do a 5-10 minute run from tanamur/jj's to there if you cabbie know the way. Most likely you will do the scenic tour, they all need to earn some crust.

Anyway, I enjoyed my time there and it has a swimming pool and a dodgy disco to boot on the first floor.

Bandung, what a place of the past. I remember the old days there. Early 90's,

North Sea, Merabu, Fire Disco Wednesday Nights at the BIP plaza, Thursday and Sunday daytime Studio East, Laga Pub. Bangung Hash House Harrier beer drinking. All great memorys, now its just a shadow of its former self.

I remember a time there where I had 8 chicks in 8 days. 3 of them kept coming back to my hotel at random different times of the day for weeks for pure bliss. I became so good at juggling I should of joined the circus.

One of the girls I met in the early 90's called me from Belgium last night. She got married to some expat guy but still keeps contact with me bless her heart. I am happy to see things work out for some of these girls.

I will never forget the time I teamed up with an American guy who was pretty much just fooling around like me at the time.

He came up with the best long term sanuk idea I have ever seen. He use to go to nightclubs with a dodgey personal business card that he made in one of those cheap do it yourself vending machines and put his mobile phone number on it. He would meet a chick a night club, eye off other potentials and slip them a card before going home for the night. When he ejected the lady of the night in the morning he would then check his mail box and you could bet your last 50rp that there was an opportunity for a daytime shag in that mailbox.

Unfortunately, for bandung most of the good old haunts are now gone as the expat community dried up there. German Aerospace has still got something going on there but only a skeleton of it former past.

Anyway, enough of the past. Always like to go back there and visit some old buddies and the train ride is always a plesant one.

i read lots of good insightful posts, thanks guys. but one thing i really miss is orientation. it would be great once there is the possibility to get yourself quickly oriented once your in a town. especially when as big as JKT.

if i go i'll porbably have to go alone so a good map or anything else for the sanuk scene + the city would be more then welcome.

Archived