Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got back from JKT: trip 29 may till 13 june.

-arrival: according to your nationality, visa or visa-on-arrival is now in force. visa on arrival up to 30 days is 25 USD.

-Stayed in Park lane (very good 5 star hotel located in Kuningan).

-traffic news, the trans jakarta is now operational, in fact it is a reserved busway joining Kota to blok M, one line of the main road has been reserved for special orange buses.

Seems very good for people using these buses but for car users (includes taxi :() means more traffic jams...

-nightlife:

-CJ :) :) :) :)

still very good, unfortunately the band is not as good as the one with the greek vocal leader.

timing:best day by far is ladies night on wednesday's and also sunday, week-ends it was really too crowded.

girls: real mix of pro and non pro, especially on wednesday

-Tigah-puluh :) :) :)

seriously picking up, seems they have a new dynamic manager, thurs till saturday they open untill 4 am.

The band is good.

timing: ladies night on thursday was very good, week-ends more pleasant than CJ you can easily move around.

girls: most of them free-lancers, on week-ends saw few non-pro

-BATS :) :)

improved, the band is very good, ratio male:female quite high most of them (males) seem to be hotel residents.

timing: I always went to BATS as a starter around 10-10h30 till 11-11h30, most of the girls arrive before or at the latest around 11 pm,

girls: I was impressed by the quality and quantity of the girls on friday night, most of the faces were familiar and had quite pro looks and attitude.

-Retro :) :) :)

went there 2 times once on wednesday after CJ (unfortunately with a female company, lot of stunners :: ) and the other time on friday (too crowded).

timing: difficult to say but it is a place you go after 2 am, wednesday after cj is always good.

girls:lot of stunners, more than CJ and Tiga, more non-pro than pro

-styx :(, band very average and girls below average.

-JJ :( gets worse every time, went there on a saturday, not more than 10 people.

-centro (new place), :) went there on friday around 1h30 am (thursday was a public holiday), did not much liked the place, its the same kind of disco as embassy but much smaller.

-monaco club (new place), :)went there on friday around midnight before going to centro. Next to gran mahakam hotel entrance. very nice place, on the main floor there is a small bar and tables and one floor below they have a small dancing place.

not many people when I was there, no pick up possibilities.

seems to be a nice place to go with friends.

-my bar (new place) :), this is the new lintas melawai, it is located in the same street as D's and oscar (its inbetween).

open every day from 11 am till 5 am. ::

very small place, the sound system is good.

all the girls from lintas can be found here now.

timing: IMHO the best time is after 2 am, before it is way too crowded.

girls: average tendance below average

-lintas melawai :(, went there on saturday 1 am, only 2 customer, I don't know how they will survive.

other places that i tried out: delilah (hit and miss), three horse, millenium.

one more thing: on sunday's deleila (go there after CJ) and three horse (open untill 6 am, go there after deleila) are good, lots of girls.

conclusion: JKT is still my favourite place in asia.Maybe less exciting than sao paulo.... you cant beat the love story.

As far as security is concerned, I did not feel any sign of danger, during the day I went a couple of time in Kota, lokasari plaza...no problem, indonesians are always polite and very friendly.

If someone is afraid regarding terrorist attacks, then i would avoid Blok M, there are no security control nearby My bar or D's, these places could be easy targets.

should you have any question do not hesitate.

For the 60 day social visit visa (sosbudaya) you are supposed to have a letter from a sponsor of some sort, could be family, could be work related. Without someone to do it for you Bangkok is a day or two quicker than Singapore (~three days). You can do it same day in Singapore with an agent for around $170 (SGD). Look on the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree board for a referrel, Ive seen them posted there before.

$170 SGD is probably about what you can get a round trip to Johore Baru (MY) from Surabaya on Air Asia (The MAS discount carrier).

Mojito ::, great report, this confirms that for my August stay, Retro, CJs, Tiga Puluh and De Leila will be as usual on the top of my list, with now Three Horses and My Bar if they're currently good late-night places (and as JJs is very unfortunatly on the way down) ....

Thanks also for the upmarket clubs (Centro and Monaco) reporting, and BTW didn't you have time enough to hit the trendies Blowfish Lounge, Jet Set billiards/club, Cinna Bar, Manna, or some Kemang spots ?

Personnaly North JKT and Lokasari Clubs/MPs are no more on my list for day-time sanuk (yet Tiara Cera can be amazingly fun on Friday/Saturday afternoons, packed with hundreds of part-time freelancing "college" girls), but a daily late-afternoon mall hunting (Plaza Indonesia, Pasaraya, Ambassador or Plaza Senayan) is a MUST-DO in Jakarta : always great garanteed of success, but with the high inconvenience to be inevitably targeted by some exs (and with the excess of available girlies in town and the lack of foreigners, who need exs ? :: :: ) ....

Anyway what are your plans for this summer, back to Jakarta :: or Cali :: ...... or maybe straight to Sao Paulo :angel: ?

BTW, my Indonesian best friend (almost-brother) just got married with a famous -and beautiful- Malaysian pop singer and lives since April in Kuala-Lumpur, so I will surely make a ten days side-trip to KL in August, REALLY worth the trip he told me :: :: ... report to follow .....

Cheers

Adik, are you back in town or still in US ?

Cheers

Hi Prosal, to answer some of your questions and add few things:

-Besides the classical places like CJ, Tiga, BATS, Retro, I did not checked (apart centro and monaco) other places that you mentioned. Maybe its a mistake, I am pretty sure the prettiest girls are to be found in those places. Next time I will make an effort to check them out. I went to salsa club in Kemang, very nice but its better to bring your partner.

-Massage parlours in north Jakarta, I agree with you its not the top, mall hunting sounds like an excellent alternative.

nevertheless I had some interesting experience in Kota.

Met a girl from Madura in BERLIAN massage parlour, these girls are able to perform vaginal massage (contractions) unbelievable feeling. :o

-my plans for summer.... JAKARTA again ::: booked from 7-21 august. Sao paulo will be for october-november :D.

Jakarta in august is weather-wise ideal (sampa might be a little cold)...and again I have some unfinished businesses that must be proceeded... ::

-Kuala lumpur, sounds interesting, I have friends in JKT who lived in KL, they said JKT is much better regarding nightlife, they mentioned a must-do disco: Palm beach near the Shangri-la hotel. I am sure your friend should know that palce (and others) and her wife will introduce you to all her pretty girlfriends....::

-If we have overlapping period in JKT (my last days and your first days) lets have a drink in BATS (as starter around 10 pm) will give you the latest updates. :beer:

ate logo

Mojito, hope to see you (and maybe help for your unfinished business ::) in August in Jakarta .....

Anyway you're right, Indonesia's perfect in August, and Brasil quite bad .... last August in Sao Paulo it was around 6° at night : all the girls arrived in Love Story dressed like for an après-ski party and in my hotel's room I often had to ask for extra heater :: .... better go in November !!

Ciao

-----------------------------

Adik, hope to see you too in August ....

Cheers

Archived