Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

I shouldnt keep coming back to this bloody thread - I *know* that I have to save money, and you guys implanting the desire to rush down to the travel agent and book a plane ticket is the complete antithesis of that aim :banghead:

To those of you who will be in Indonesia later this year, all the best, and keep the posts coming.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another bomb...to listen to cnn you d think they were going off in jakarta all the bloody time...this is the second in a year, admittedly too many but hardly how it is being painted in the media and nothing like the ira bombing the uk to bits

anyways i m off to jakarta this weekend for some bevying and i m sure the bars will be doing ok

Im planning a run to jakarta this january - 2 years since i have been there - although the bombing was unfortunate im still planning on buying my side trip ticket from manila to jakarta in three weeks time

Must say I was shaken up by the explosion, which happened just a few minutes away from my hotel. I was drinking the night before with a mate who works at the embassy, and was relieved to find he was ok. Other than that, life here is pretty good. Went shopping for engagement rings with the little lady in Blok M but found that the bule tax was applied. I am planning to give her the cash to get it with her mom, that should reduce the price somewhat. I have joined celebrity fitness in the EX annexe of Plaza Indonesia, and must say its one of the better gyms I have been too. Plenty of choice totty there as well. After my workouts, I go to the starbucks below and sit outside near the escalator. If any of you are mall rats, you could do alot worse than sit there. I am not chasing tail here, but there are plenty of keen looking girls coming up that particular set of stairs. If anyone wants to hook up for a beer, PM me for my mobile number. Until then, take care and all the best.

PS

Hi PS,

Mate, its good to hear from you, and great to hear that you've escaped the trials of South Korea for Java !

I'll have to check, but I think you may have joined the same gym that my Indo GF belongs to - she's one of the million or so ethnic Chinese you probably walk past everyday :)

Enjoy yourself, and keep us apprised of developments in Jakarta.

Cheers,

Artie

Developments, well, nothing really doing here, just shag the missus, make like a good muslim around her mom and bro and watch soccer on cable. One thing I can say is that if anyone stays in the Hotel Kaiser in Duren Tiga they are nuts. I just endured a week there in what I can only describe as a "Faulty Towers" type of hell. I have moved to a smaller place nearer Kumang now which has better facilities and a pool for 25% less. Took the soon to be Mrs PS and her mom and bro to blok M last night, and we ate satay from a warung in the car, apparently it is the best satay in Jkt, but I must say I have had better. Still, dinner for 4 at under $10 aussie aint bad. Planning a night out at one of the bigger clubs soon, but it will be a look but don't touch affair. Will keep you all posted as things develop.

Cheers

PS

Archived