Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

Ditto that Adik, I know people who have had kidney and circulation problems from dodgy e bought at Stadium. As for the round up of foriegners, it seems to be the Africans that are targeted, usually owing to perceptions of involvement in the drug trade. I have'nt heard of western foriegners being targetted as such, but I'm sure it could happen. However, there seems to be no Bkk-style harrassment or crackdown for the moment.

Cheers

PS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know people who have had kidney and circulation problems from dodgy e bought at Stadium

OK, at the risk of incurring the 'no drugs' taboo, let me ask the board this :

If you had a headache, would you accept a 'headache pill' from some sleazy guy in the toilets at a club ? Of course you wouldnt ! A lot of the hardcore dance crowd pride themselves on the fact that they dont need alcohol to have fun, which means that they are paying for this shit whilst stone-cold sober ....

Call me an old crank, but I just dont understand the young kiddies today. What ever happened to the good old days of simply drinking oneself into a coma ? ::

Possessed_Seoul said:

Good perving to be had in the afternoons at plaza Indonesia EX entertainment centre where I met adikgede for a coffee the other day. PS

PS, what about this new "X Tension" (?) in Plaza Indonesia, is it all restaurants or also some Cafe/Lounges .... does it bring a larger femine crowd than the Plaza usually had before the opening of this concept ?

Take care.

Yes, there are also a couple of cafés at EX, at least a branch of Starbuck's (making it two in total in Plaza Indonesia) plus another one whose name escapes me but which serves delicious white chocolate coffee. There's also a stage which regularly hosts bands and other times there's a dj playing. Some tv shows (for MTV?) are also shot there, and there are all sorts of promotions going on all the time. To put it short, it sports a younger, trendier atmosphere than the shopping centre itself and consequently the whole place is swarming with young people early in the evening. Yes, it's dead easy to get into talks with girlies there (but for you I guess anywhere is :: :bow: ).

Minuman said:

Yes, there are also a couple of cafés at EX, at least a branch of Starbuck's (making it two in total in Plaza Indonesia) plus another one whose name escapes me but which serves delicious white chocolate coffee. There's also a stage which regularly hosts bands and other times there's a dj playing. Some tv shows (for MTV?) are also shot there, and there are all sorts of promotions going on all the time. To put it short, it sports a younger, trendier atmosphere than the shopping centre itself and consequently the whole place is swarming with young people early in the evening. Yes, it's dead easy to get into talks with girlies there (but for you I guess anywhere is :: :bow: ).

I'll ditto that, when I do my daily 90 min treadmill run in the gym, I am looking down onto alot of talent. After a workout I take up my position by the escalator and get a good look at the pretty young things comming up towards starbucks. Another place maybe worth a look is Cilandak town square, which is predominantly bars, cafes and eateries. My fiance took me there last night and it looked good. I'm here till Oct 30 if anyone wants to do coffee. Oh and BTW, if there are any itinerant English teachers here, I have some private lessons to offload when I leave then, so PM me for details.

Cheers

PS

Possessed_Seoul said:

Another place maybe worth a look is Cilandak town square, which is predominantly bars, cafes and eateries. My fiance took me there last night and it looked good. I

Cheers

PS

Yes Cilandak TS is fine on week-ends, quite crowdy, but on weekdays, IMO, the long distance and the heavy traffic from downtown make that the place is often quite empty, can't compete with Plaza Indonesia or Senayan, or even Atrium.

There in Cilandak this new billiards lounge/bar concept (Scored), with DJs and events, has somebody ever been there, is it worth the long taxi ride ?

Cilandak Town Square (called citos "chee-toes") is like the food court of a shopping mall with out all the stores. Just a cinema and eateries. They used to have music there almost every night including the weekly Kris Daiyanti show. Im not sure if its worth the trip though. Plenty of girls cruising at Senayan and PI

By the way Prosal PI-eXtension is where the Hard Rock Cafe has moved to. They have a DJ in they Atrium, and MTV regularly does stunts there. More Chinese and Teenie Boppers than PI used to attract. Apparently P.S. has it all figured out though. After P.S. left I asked the girls sitting behind us what they were doing. Lagi cuci mata om. That they addressed me as om was a sure indication that the crowd is younger or I am showing my age. However if I wanted to know who was cruising me. I would sit at OBriens and watch people on the down escalator, then see which ones can't keep their eyes off you on the way back up.

adikgede said:

By the way Prosal PI-eXtension is where the Hard Rock Cafe has moved to.

Shit, things (and time) go fast, I heard HRC has moved, but I didn't imagine only one second that it was in Plaza Indonesia !!!!!

I REALLY have to go back in town soon !!

Cheers

During Ramadan, the number of venues is very limited to hotel's bars/discos (CJs, Tiga Puluh, Bats, ect ..), which will close earlier (12 instead of 3 am).

BUT....... this period is not that bad IMO as spots being less, ALL the girls are concentred in only a few places.

You see also tons of regular girls, whose favorite bars/discos are closed and who have no other choice than going in those which are open ::.

So, less spots, but in each place open more girls and more choice, plus chances to meet regular girlies you'll usually never meet in those kind of P4P venues.

Also, mall hunting is unaffected.

Remember that the end of the Ramadan (Idul Fitri) starts on 14 November. Traveling is then impossible, plane booking is a nightmare and anyway most girls are out of town to visit family back in the kampung.

Archived