Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

Hey All, just go back from old Jkt and found Tanamour to be turn into a sort a gay horizon. They seem to be running a few tranny night there these days which I found dissappointing.

One place that I found very interesting this trip was Hai Lai. I went there with business associates who shouted the whole night but found alot of female, none one night stand presence. I think we had five blokes to 20 chicks on out table. Its a sort of tripper place, I had only on pill myself and went home with a few chicks. None of which asked for doe the next day. I must admit we where ghosted by some of Suharto ABRI boys for some doe but managed to out do their tiredness and stayed till 6.00am otherwise you would be reading out me in the burial section on Jkt post. I would definitely head back there but not the palce to run solo in. Anyway the music was great if you like that sort of scene.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by gadogado:

[QB]Hey All, just go back from old Jkt and found Tanamour to be turn into a sort a gay horizon. They seem to be running a few tranny night there these days which I found dissappointing.

One place that I found very interesting this trip was Hai Lai.

Gado Gado,thank you for fresh info,sure it will help soon (anyway i never liked Tanamur).How was JJ, busy as usual ?

About Hai Lai,what kind of gals hang on this place (heard it was 'chinese look chicks',some high class),is it true ?

Cheers

Prosal, JJ's was pumping as usual but many punters were drunk causing fights on both Saturday and Sunday night. I nearly got sconed by a flying beer mug. As for Hai Lai I went their with Chinese business associates who like to throw their money around. There were many beautful ladies around both local and Chinese. Most of the girls were of the tripper type. They had usually popped a couple in the Joint to keep up with the rave style music they play there.

A few military dudes tried to hit us up for money so we stayed until the sun rose to avoid a conflict. I put this down to wealthy Chinese flaunting their money in a seedy environment. The chicks there were pretty much free and easy but I dont think you will find a drug free one there. Most only take 1/2 a tab anyway as it is enough for there small bodies.

I will definitely return there, maybe with some Bule mates. I sort of like that kind of music and the chick I pulled from there stayed with me until the end of my trip and didnt hit me up for anything except fun.

Gado Gado,seems things getting wild in some JKT joints,better avoid troubles with drunken indo !

Anyway i'll be in JKT around 17 Aug,for three

weeks (!),and my indo friends NEVER go north of Monas,so if you'll be there at this moment,i am ready and happy to go in any place between Kemang and Ancol !!

Cheers

Jkt sounds worth a try to me. Does anyone have any photos of the local ladies or of the clubs to check out?

Also, what's with the military guys hassling the bule for money? Any solution there? I take it if it gets nasty with a local Indo guy, then you have their all their present countryfolk to deal with too...am I right?

quote:

Originally posted by LondonFun:

Jkt sounds worth a try to me?

I'm off to Jakarta and Bandung next week, well armed with the advice from this thread. I will post a bit of a roundup before I go to Japan to try out the advice from the other thread! I love this board!!

I have waited about 9 months for a way to get back to Jakarta after a brief work-related visit last year. I thought the nightlife was outstanding, to be honest I preferred it to Bangkok, though that could be connected to the fact that I have a little more freedom over there!

LG

Prosal, cant see myself getting over there again until the end of the year. It take me ages to get my shit together when I sell a system to them.

Londonfun - The only reason I had a problem with the locals was that I was with Chinese folk and there is still a lot of racial tension in the air between them and the locals. The chinese can be seen a good targets to rip off especially when they are seen buying a Bule heaps of beers.

You wont see this sort of stuff in the tourist hangouts but may see it in Hai Lai, Alantic etc.

prosal, i have read some posts of yours about jkt in the delphi nanaplaza forum and you seem to be pretty knowledgable and confortamble in this city.

i'd like to e-mail you offline about it for more information as i might intend going there at begin of august this summer.

hope to catch your reply

P,thanks,but i consider the informations of Maribayaman and Gado Gado very good and useful,and think you can follow all their advices.

As i go there mid Aug,i just called friends there,they don't worry about president's impeachment or state of emergency.

The only problem could be the atmosphere with the 40000 troops and police in the city,day and night,and i think during all August.

Another poster on the other Indonesia thread recommended to avoid north part of the city (Kota,Mangga Besar),where there could be riots.I'm not so sure about it,but it could arrive (i should be upset couldn't go in Stadium,Tiara Cera,Kartika or Bintang Mawar !!).In this case,better stick to Central or South (apart from every spot you've certainly heard about in JKT,

and if it's your kind of place,the most 'trendy' in the moment is Lava Lounge,close Senayan,where you'll find every model or 'like to be model'of the city,just smile,be nice and you will be surprised it's so easy to score!!)

Anyway don't hesitate to get more informations from anyone of this JKT thread.

Cheers

Archived