Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

Prosal said:
Belem said:

I think Jakarta is a bit overrated, even though the women are beautiful

Jakarta is not overrated IMO. The eye candy at Plaza Senayan or Plaza Indonesia malls is really outstanding. You could see more gorgeous women there in a half hour then you will see in Bangkok in one month.

I respectfully disagree based on what I saw during my visit, including excursions to the malls you mentioned in your post. Maybe I should give Jakarta another try, as maybe my one visit was an aberration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off to Jakarta tomorrow for the marriage of one of my best indonesian friend. As he is originally from Yogjakarta, some of the guests are also invited to the Hyatt Yogja for a few days of celebrations. ::

If anybody (Minuman ?) is in town, drop me a PM. I will be in Indonesia till May 15.

Hi Prosal,

Just back from JKT, still very much the same.

Less non-pro in usual places such as CJ, BATS,Tiga...hit and miss as usual.

Have a good time and don't forget:

wednesday: ladies night in CJ

sunday: ladies night in Three horse , you can find few gems.

Friday and saturdays Mystere is not bad and CJ excellent.

Hi Mojito

I'm in town, staying in Hyatt Aryaduta. I recommend this hotel, even if the location is not that good. All rooms have been renovated and it's cheaper than Grand Hyatt or Mulia. I booked a room on the pool level, with a small private terrace and a DIRECT access to the swimming pool and pool area, even at NIGHT when it's in theory closed to the public. :grinyes:

Anyway, I find that there's in Jakarta even more tall, beautiful and sophisticated girls - non pros - than before. Strolling around Plaza Senayan cemented once more my all-time conviction that Indonesian girls are REALLY unique in their appearence, both in the face and body. Unfortunatly it seems that the amount of foreigners, obvious sex tourists, have multiplied, and that Jakarta is slowly but surely becoming weirder and weirder, a la Bangkok. Golden days are definitely over.

Nothing interesting to report. I maybe will not have the opportunity to hit CJ and others P4P spots as I spend most of my time with an ex GF (you know her from a pic I sent you, M***, the model-type sex bomb). We gonna surely visit some of her family in East Java - Malang - before going to Yogja for my friend's marriage, and then it will be time to come back.

Sampai jumpa lagi.

:up:

I lived in Jakarta for a few years and loved the place. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as a place to go on vacation. It's a big grimy place, with nightmare traffic and unlike Bangkok there is really nothing to do there during the day. The nightlife is good but limited and you have to have local knowledge to find it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just leaved Malang, which, with its cool weather, its tree-lined streets and its Dutch colonial architecture, is IMO with Yogja the most enjoyable city in Indonesia. Also the nature in East Java is really magic. Indouhist sanctuaries emerging from rice terraces, volcanoes encircled with deep jungles, ect ... the savage beauty of this part of Indonesia is really entrancing. As i am with GF, we did a lot of nice excursions. I din't hit the discos, but there's definitely in the mall, cafés, ect, LOT of available cuties obviously eager to meet bules, and from what I've seen, no mongers or sex-tourists. So if you're tired of the JKT frenzy life and need a nice change, Malang is definitely a TOP side-trip destination, with also surely lot of opportunities with non-pros.

About Jakarta vs Bangkok, if GFE is your priority, then Indonesia is still the best destination in Asia, and one of the best in the world, with Colombia and some Eastern Europe countries like Moldova or Romania. If you don't care about GFE and don't mind a worn scene with zillions mongers and putas who have had miles of cock, then Thailand is better. Personnaly since a few years I use Bangkok only as a hub and other than food, there's absolutly NOTHING I miss about Thailand.

Thanks for your kind words, but I am admittedly not as well-travelled as some of the members of this board or some other guys that I had the pleasure to meet during my journeys.

Anyway about Malang, we took a flight from Jakarta to Surabaya, then a taxi (90 kms, about two hours). To Yogja, where I am now, we had to come back to Surabaya to catch a train for a very enjoyable 5 hours trip, with breathtaking sceneries all along the way.

:up:

Nah... in Paris chatting on internet a morrocan girl who impressed me typing in hebrew and katakana as well as giving sound financial management advice (that's her job... gives me a change from the simpler burmese girls - to whom I'll fly again as soon as possible anyway) ... just noticed that Prosal is in Jakarta... no wonder why your mobile is off... have a great time there mate and catch up soon!!

Bangkok is great BTW

Cheers

Kojis

Archived