Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

All this talk of Indonesia makes my heart ache. Spent two lovely years there in 90 and 91 and although I have been back it's only been for a couple of very short visits (both times for the Jakarta Highland Gathering). Would love to go back and explore and meet some of those lovely ladies again. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally finished this thread.

Lots of info from indo regulars.

Found a couple of sites with info on nightlife and indonesia in general:-

www.indonesiaclubbing.com/

http://indahnesia.com/index.php

Here is a good site about eating and clubbing in Bali...to bring back our good ol' thread to life after its 1000 posts anniversary !! :birthday::applause:

http://www.beatmag.com/bali/175/index.html

It seems that Bali is getting more and more happening, with lots of creative new venues...I wouldn't mind a one month stay there !!

:smirk:

• 2 months later...

end of the month the time is finally coming for a 1 week intensive return visit to JKT on biz :hubba:

will have to check out this thread as well as a bunch of other sources to be able to compile myself a top10 todo list at least ;)

any blowjob bars or massage joint recommendations welcome as I still have my first one of those to do?

Don't go there thinking that Jakarta is anything like Bangkok, coz it ain't and if you do you'll be disappointed. :sad:

The nightlife is not obvious, you have to know where it is.

There is nothing even remotely resembling Patpong, Nana or Cowboy.

A small street in an area called Block M, which has about 6 or 7 bars, is probably the largest single concentration of bars anywhere.

There are no BJ bars but you may be able to get one as part of a massage.

There are no gogo bars.

The whole scene is freelance and a lot of the activity is in nightclubs and discos. :monkey:

Research first, otherwise you'll waste a lot of time looking. :thumbup:

I know very well JKT is not BKK as this will be 6th or so visit & 3rd or 4th as potential monger :hubba:

But as you said the amount of fun to be had depends on being up to date with the current 'hotspots' within the type of fun one intends to have.

For me that'll be mix of p4p MP, low to highend freelancers non p4p etc.

Can't wait...

A friend was recently in JKT and he told me that Retro was still good on Wednesdays (ladies night) and Fridays but a bit deserted on the other days, and CJs busy as usual, especially on Wed ladies night and on Sundays, but too packed on weekends.

:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Archived