Phuket hotels - Patong

Alright, I need to tap into the vast knowledge that NANAPLAZA board members have. Need some info on hotels in Patong that are 1) somewhat near the action and 2) reasonably priced (BT1500 range). Trying to get over there later this year for the second time and wanted to see if anyone has stayed at a place that they really liked. I stayed at the BANTHAI Hotel last time on Thaweewong Rd. down the road from the Banana Disco which wasn't bad, but I'm sure there are better places out there. So if you have some info (or just want to get to the newbie-busting 30th post) let me hear from you.

Thanks smile.gif" border="0

KWW62,

Perhaps you'll get a better response in the Accommodation section, rather then here, which is about "any country other than Thailand"

Just a suggestion

Stayed at Phairin Beach Hotel in april. Actually, Songkren(?) Not near action, 500 baht over your range, but very nice staff, very nice place for 2000 b including breakfast. 15 minute walk from action, but guest friendly. Some rooms including mine with great view of bay and beach--sort of what a "VACATION' is supposed to look like!!

Sometimes better to be in a quieter place, but within stiking range, so to speak.

You could try the Tropica Bungalow for maybe 1500 baht or so for a double. It's on Beach Road right around the corner from Soi Bangla. Nothing fancy, but everything's clean and the staff is nice. There's a restaurant out front, a mini-mart place next door, and it's just a short walk to any of the bars.

Rex

Phuket is the biggest ripoff in Thailand. The hotels, the food, and the women are twice as expensive as Pattaya. The attitudes of the Thais who live there is very bad. And don't forget the Tuk-Tuks who want 200 baht to take you anywhere. Also, too many Swedish drunks who like to slam doors at night.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there in Apriland can recommend four places that come to mind. I stayed at the first two.

1. Narrys Inn. on beach road. new. rooms grom 1000 b but makesure you request a room with a window. www.narry.com

2. Club bamboo. I liked this place but need a motorcycle taxi to get you home. I always managed with B40 fare. Club bamboo is a resort, guest friendly and also new. www.clubbamboo.com

3. Valhala. have no exp here but understand it has theme rooms similar to penthouse in pattaya.

4. Royal Paradise hotel. nicest tower in patong with prices starting around B2800 per night. Next time i go back i may splash out and stay here. handy to the girl action.

Archived