17" Macbook Pro

Coss

I just got me one of these:

index1720060424.png

and it goes like the wind, I've moved up from a 12" 1.5Ghz powerbook, which was plenty good, but this dualcore 2.16Ghz is really fast.

So if you're tired of viruses (virii?) and Windows constantly hounding you and glitches, get one of these, you wont look back.

And it can boot into windows, though why I'm not sure...

Cheers

Coss

Nice.

I am myself a partial "switcher" as I recently bought a Mac Mini to serve content at my media entertainment center at home. I am very happy with the Mac. It's highly doubtful I'll buy another PC/Windows machine for a long time to come. :up:

In all honesty though Macs aren't 100 % problem free. My Mac Mini has hanged a few times and shown other oddities. All in all though, the Mac is a much more pleasant experience and I feel productivity is higher (less fiddling around, less clutter and lot more of the basic needs already covered from start)!

If there was an easy (and legitimate) way to install the Mac OSX on my PC:s, I'd do in a sec and without hesitation!

Coss, i've had a 12" iBook G4 for nearly 3 years and won't consider buying another PC ever again. Just waiting untill some spare funds are available and then i'd love to get my hands on one of the lovely new 13" MacBooks. :)

Simie.

Nice.

I am myself a partial "switcher" as I recently bought a Mac Mini to serve content at my media entertainment center at home. I am very happy with the Mac. It's highly doubtful I'll buy another PC/Windows machine for a long time to come. :up:

In all honesty though Macs aren't 100 % problem free. My Mac Mini has hanged a few times and shown other oddities. All in all though, the Mac is a much more pleasant experience and I feel productivity is higher (less fiddling around, less clutter and lot more of the basic needs already covered from start)!

If there was an easy (and legitimate) way to install the Mac OSX on my PC:s, I'd do in a sec and without hesitation!

If your mac hangs, repair permissions, do it at least once a month....use the disk utility in applications/utilities.

I've used macs since 1994 continously, never had osx hang on me....got 5 flavours of mac at present...g3, g4 and g5...next purchase is an intel mac..why does anyone use windowz???

One of the interesting things about this computer is that it's got a "sudden motion sensor", so if you drop it, it figures out it's being dropped and parks the hard drive heads to prevent hard disk damage and data loss.

Now cool as this is, wait there's more....

Someone with time on their hands has made a thing called SeisMac. this uses the sudden motion sensor as a seismograph. So you run this in a window and bang the desk and it registers as an earthquake. Apparently also good to show a real earthquake :)

And...

The Macbook Pro also comes with a remote for the home theatre stuff. So another bright spark has teamed the remote with the sudden motion sensor and voila´ a car alarm, or should I say a laptop alarm - "iAlertU". You use the remote as the alarm remote, press once for on - 1 chirp, once for off - 2 chirps, just like your car alarm. And due to the sudden motion sensor, when someone picks up the laptop or disconnects the powercord, or moves a connected mouse etc, the alarm goes off, real loud.

Now tell me, can the windows world do that? as freeware?

Cheers

Coss

Archived