Euro League Predictor

Zaad

Yo Fortune Tellers,

Here we are with yet another prediction game. Same as the previous ones (Euro 2004 - WC 2006) same rules, only the title of the compie and the matches differ :)

Yo Zaad, tell me more, man!

No problem, all you need to do is predict 5 games per week. I will post the 5 most interesting games from the European leagues which you will need to predict (final score - until 90th min.) and PM me. Please don't post you predictions in here, only PMs please. Otherwise it's hard for me to keep track.

What leagues?

Could be English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, French, etc whichever I think are most interesting for us to predict.

When will those games be played, sport?

I will choose 'weekend games' only. Reason for this is that it'll create too much confusion if I choose games which are due to be played throughout the week, say a Tue. or Wed. Participants are likely to forget to send PMs if there's too little time involved between the matches. So, to keep it simple, ALL games I post in here are either going to be played on a Sat. or Sun.

Not only does it make this compie easier to follow, it also gives you enough time to send in your weekly predictions. In addition, people with a life (unlike me) can still join the game, check this thread once a week for what matches to predict etc etc.

Fuck me, I'm in, ohh but what about the score calculation?

Same as the WC predictor, see below:

Correct predicted result: 6 points

Correct predicted winner + goals: 4 points

Correct predicted winner: 3 points

Correct predicted goals: 1 point

Example:

If you predict the result for the game Soi Dogs versus Katoey United 3-2 and the scoreline is indeedo 3-2 then your lucky ass receives the maximum amount of points per game: 6 points.

If you say 3-2 but the dogs manage to beat the katoeys by 4-2 then you receive 4 points (3 points for correct winner -dogs- and 1 point for correct goals -katoeys-)

If you say 3-2 and it's 5-0 then you get 3 points only (correct winner and no correct predicted goals)

If the katoeys (somehow) win by 5-3 it means you failed to predict the winner correctly but did guess the right amount of goals for the dogs and score therefore a single point.

In case it's 1-1 then no points are won for this match.

That's it!

Can I ask my BG for advice

Yes, you can!

Or use a dartboard for the predictions?

Whatever son, you wouldn't be the first one.

So, when does this compie start? and finish?

Due to the different kick-off dates in Europe I decided to start the weekend of 26-27 Aug. Most leagues will start /or have started by then which makes it easier to choose interesting games for us.

And it ends when the leagues come to an end as well, somewhere in April/May 2008. We could decide on that later..if there are enough interested minds for this compie.

So if you're up for it, JOIN, otherwise, JOIN ANYWAY!

The first 5 matches you need to predict (weekend of 26 and 27 Aug) are:

Stuttgart - Dortmund

Man. City - Arsenal

Blackburn - Chelsea

Real Madrid - Villareal

Celta de Vigo - Barcelona

Cheers!

:beer:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Zaad,

I'll give it a go but as I know nothing about football outside of the English Premier League than if I finish anywhere but bottom it will be a result for me.

Now if you can fix it for me to finish above Sayjann then the drinks are on me :beer:

Regards

Peckieboy

in your dreams Peckieboy.......... :p

i'm in Zaad,but i thought you said interesting games........you include Arsenal.

nothing interesting about them......... :doah:

are your Team ready for their biggest game of the Season at the Weekend in Amsterdam?..........

Peckie,

Now if you can fix it for me to finish above Sayjann then the drinks are on me :beer:

I think we can work something out :)

i'm in Zaad,but i thought you said interesting games........you include Arsenal.

nothing interesting about them......... :doah:

On a more serious note, if you guys have any suggestions for other matches, feel free to post them in here. I would prefer to have 5 different games from 5 different leagues. But crappy games IMO which is why we start with two English and two Spanish games.

are your Team ready for their biggest game of the Season at the Weekend in Amsterdam?..........

Fuck, I think I missed something, enlighten me Sayjann :ooo:

BTW, thanks for joining guys, I'll make a participants list in this thread as soon as I receive the first predictions per PM.

:beer:

no,no,no Zaad......... :doah:

Fri,Sat and Sun is the Amsterdam Tournament.

Man Utd,Porto,Ajax and Inter.

Porto play MU on Fri and Inter on Sat,final on Sun.

but don't worry,MU will be understrength.

everybodies fave Portugese Player will not be playing for MU.......... :grinyes:

Strong field.

My teams are Benfica and PSV. But wouldn't mind to see Man U get beaten by Porto. :up:

And to make things official...I've received the first prediction for the compie, so time for an update.

Participants:

1. Sayjann

2. Zaad

P.S. too bad Mentors, we'll miss you :hug:

Archived