Contract workers who come to LOS to unwind

asiafun

I noticed during my last trip to Thailand that a particular bar in an unnamed location had more than its fair share of contracted "professional soldiers" (mercenaries) enjoying themselves to a great degree.

Talking to a few of them and the management of the establishment revealed that they did work in the troubled areas-presumably Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan etc. They were paid handsomely and when they went on break, many of them came to Thailand to unwind like rock stars.

I was curious as to how many board members were in related lines of work or were not mercs but still chose Thailand as their destination of choice between work contracts verse other destinations.

If I had a dime for every Mercenary, CIA, KGB, etc I have met, I'd be rich. I do know that a lot of Overseas workers do go to BKK to unwind, would just be skeptikle of their stories...hell, one guy was in Clinton plaza years back telling the girls he was John Beckham...pissed me off! As that is usually my line...

Agree with you on that one OH. For some reason in BKK the lowest ranking least educated goober from an oil compnay in Bahrain or Saudi suddenly is transformed into super SEAL who lost the Vietnam war single handed only because he overslept in a whorehouse during a secret mission.

BKK attracts a lot of interesting people and I have met many here. A lot of goobers end up here as well who could not fit in anywhere else or, in some cases, could never have sex more than once a year anywhere except BKK.

OH

Dude, no!!!!!!!! You are being too hard on yourself.

Almost two years ago you banged a fat white chick in Vallejo. Now I would not have gone near her myself but you did, you banged her and then you responded well to the thread where, as I recall, you were roasted. You managed an erection and later an ejaculation in a situation where most men would have only wanted to vomit - maybe even hoped for a balcony to jump off if she wanted oral sex that evening.

So you had sex one time in between your BKK visits. You are NOT a goober. Close....but not quite.

Don't take it too hard....two days ago I did not even know what a goober was.......

Yep, Thailand (and Philippines) is the pretty much the R&R location of choice for people working in the ME and Stan countries. There is also major work going on in Siberia and western Africa. Most assignments in these garden spots have 3 or 4 months on and then to 2-4 weeks off. Working on offshore rigs or barges can be like 4-6 weeks on and 4 weeks off. The R&R includes airfare to home country which can be used to fly to SEA.

Work in the ME is really booming right now but assignment conditions have deteriorated badly in the last few years. Will be interesting to see if as worldwide demand for Oil and Gas engineer and construction types increases if the conditions improve.

On any given Sat or Sun afternoon you can go to a certain bar in Nana and meet a dozen or so. It is an extremely cliquish group that unless you know some one can be hard to break into.

TH

Archived