Cambodia

What do you guys think about Cambodia? I am going to LOS for the first time but may want to do two days or so in Cambodia. Just to see and go to that firing range and shoot things. And of course participate in the $5 short times. What else is there to do though? Is 2 days too much, not enough or just right?

Mykal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in PP for 2 days and nights in October last.

In August I am going for 14 days.....

2 days is good if you haven't been to a place of slightly questionable safety, you'll be able to get the "feel" of the place.

But I can guarantee you'll want to return...

I was there for a couple of months in December and January and I never did get tired of Cambodia. There is the regular tourist stuff to see and, of course, Svay Pak and 63rd. St., etc. Cambodia is very different from LOS and you don't have a lot of the creature comforts that you have here but it's still an interesting change of pace. I made a report at web" TARGET=_blank>http://L4667.tripod.com/Pnh/index.htmlweb page

Lucky,

Your site on Cambodia was spectacular!!!

Thanks. The last half hour I've spent reading it was a blast. I particularly got a kick out of your comment, "IMO the best way to enjoy Svay Pak is to buy a small backpack and put a clean towel and some squeezable soap in it for the ST rooms there. No matter how clean and nice the rooms are, the towels are re-used without washing and a clean towel will add quite a bit to the overall experience."

My buddy and I are young, but long time visitors to LOS, and during our July visit, we will be taking a side trip to PP, and we look forward to checking out the places you've recommended.

Thanks Again-- laugh.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

Lucky,

if I could ask you, from your considerable experiences in Cambodia, do you have any info on Sihanoukville and or California Hotel PP?

Thanks in advance.

The California Hotel is nice, right on the river if you like that part of town. I usually prefer to stay somewhere on Monivong and be closer to most of the action, also there are more beggars on the river street than anywhere else in town. As far as Sihanoukville, I put hotel recommendations in the website and as for the girls, while there are plenty of places to find action there I didn't find the quality anywhere like you get in Phnom Penh. If you are planning on spending much time in Sihanoukville you might want to take a couple of girls from Svay Pak with you.

Mykal wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think about Cambodia? I am going to LOS for the first time but may want to do two days or so in Cambodia. Just to see and go to that firing range and shoot things. And of course participate in the $5 short times. What else is there to do though? Is 2 days too much, not enough or just right?

Mykal

--------------------------------------however you stay, make sure you miss Angkor Wat, it's 4 to 8 times more expensive than a poor vietnamese whore ( if quoted at 5$), and just a bunch of old stones. Avoid any visits to tuol sleng and the killing fields, who cares about the past?, that would only spoil your cambodian sanook. You will get much more from your trip by shooting a few rounds and sticking to short-timing in PP. Gee! 5$, get it quick before it gets to be 6, 7 maybe....

Surely, Pattaya127 is being sarcastic. Angkor Wat kicks ass (!), as does the Vietnamese floating fishing village near Siem Reap. Just don't go to those places in the middle of the summer. It is brutally hot. (note--the girls don't cost 5 to 7 times more, they cost 3 to 4 times more.)

Somebody needs to get Pattaya127 a little culture. And, I know just the bar girl in Siem Reap to give it to him. wink.gif" border="0

Archived