Media bias

Flashermac

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about the rigorous folks at Reuters having to admit they published this obviously doctored photo (absurd smoke plumes) of Burning Beirut:

Link

At the lower left you can see at least one replicated (photoshopped) building. The blog cited in the article has an animated .gif showing this.

Ya, actually that IS news. I mean, look at the death toll and you'll see that very few Israeli civilians have been killed, despite the repeated Israel "oh woe is me...I'm a victim" talking heads.

As Juan Cole puts it:

The wholesale destruction of all of Lebanon by Israel and the US Pentagon does not make any sense. Why bomb roads, bridges, ports, fuel depots in Sunni and Christian areas that have nothing to do with Shiite Hizbullah in the deep south? And, why was Hizbullah's rocket capability so crucial that it provoked Israel to this orgy of destruction? Most of the rockets were small katyushas with limited range and were highly inaccurate. They were an annoyance in the Occupied Golan Heights, especially the Lebanese-owned Shebaa Farms area. Hizbullah had killed 6 Israeli civilians since 2000. For this you would destroy a whole country? (emphasis mine)

How many has Israel killed? Even before this latest mess? You can bet dozens more (tho' I cannot be arsed to add up all the reports over the past six years).

Regards,

SD

And, why was Hizbullah's rocket capability so crucial that it provoked Israel to this orgy of destruction? Most of the rockets were small katyushas with limited range and were highly inaccurate. They were an annoyance...

An annoyance? :doah:

You get your news from strange sources.

>>How many has Israel killed? Even before this latest mess? You can bet dozens more (tho' I cannot be arsed to add up all the reports over the past six years).<<

The last i read was something like 700 lebanese and 94 israelis dead. Not sure why numbers would even mean anything to the arab world.

In Iraq there are 600 children killed every month along with 2400 woman and men. They are killed by other arabs. Ask the arab on the street in Jordan or Syria about this and thewy will shrug their shoulders.

But tell them 15 arabs in Lebanon were killed by the israelis and you get: "Oh mother of Mohammed look what the evil zionists are doing to us poor arabs they are killing us Allah save us from these animals."

Gimme a break.

In Iraq there are 600 children killed every month along with 2400 woman and men. They are killed by other arabs. Ask the arab on the street in Jordan or Syria about this and thewy will shrug their shoulders.

Actually Mailuk I think you'll find they mostly blame America for that.

Archived