Hi everyone..Questions about my 1st travel in Pattaya

Hi guys, I'm Vinny( a newbie ) and, next january, I'll go to Pattaya with some friends for the 1st time.I start with some questions(reading the post I cannot find the answer about this)..about the travel:

I was thinking to bring with me some medicine..for example "imodium" and " Enterogermina" and also some " Ginseng"..

You think that I need something else?

The food is ok?I mean I never tried Thai food..only chinese or japanese..is similar?

Water I'll drink only in bottle..

Inside my bags only "light" clothes right?..

I'll do a copy of passport and tickets..

Inside the wallet what I can bring without problems??

And how much I need to bring with me to go to bar or massage places?

Is better and hotel near the bars or more far??

By your experience which one is the most good hotel to stay??

And,final for travel-questions,is better change money before to leave or directly there with the bancomat(ATM) or Credit Card ??

Well I'm sorry if are stupid questions but I hope that someone can answer to me..

It's my first travel as you know so I'd like to be prepared really well...

Thx in advance to the peoples that will reads my Topic and,of course, for your answers..

Vinny :bow:

PS.More later I'll add some questions about bars and girls..But before I wanna go on reading the other topics..See you soon.. :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. Welcome to the board. Can't help you with Pattaya as personally I can't stand the place. I only lasted 1 1/2 hours. Each to their own. I am sure that most of your answers lie within the existing posts. You haven't said how long you are staying, what is your budget etc. Look in the review section and Pattaya nightlife. I am sure you will find what you need or do a search. :beer:

Vinny

Youâ??re in for a great time.

When Iâ??m in LOS I carry a photocopy of my passport and no more than $200 in cash in case you get picked (I never have) everything else (money, tickets, passport, credit cards, lock in your in room safe or hotel safety box depending on the hotel. ATMs are plentiful in the towns but take your card back a lock it up after you get your cash.

Food is awesome very spicy. It you donâ??t like the local food plenty of American food.

There are pharmacies everywhere to get what ever you need no need to worry about that.

Drink bottled water.

Barter with the shop keepers when you buy clothes and souvenirs its part of the culture

How much to bring for the bars? You will receive very different answers:

- If you only have a few beers and take one girl short time back to your hotel, ~2500 TB will be fine for an evening.

- If you party hard, pay serveral rounds of Tequila for your friends and buy a lot of ladydrinks, and if one girl in not enough per day (like 1-2 girls short time in a short time hotel/room and 1 girl longtime back to the hotel), your tab will look very different....

Concerning security: Only carry as much money you intend to spend during the day/ evening. Don't flash expensive watches, phones e.g.. If you take a girl back to your hotel put ALL valuables in the room safe (therefore book only a room with an inroom safe).

For basic questions concering food, how to behave in public e.g. I would recommend to read a travel guide like Lonely Plant/ Rough Guide e.g.

Thai food is absoluteley different from Japanese food, but on the same quality level IMHO [i am talking about food in Japan, not the often low quality stuff you'll get in the West]. Thai food can be terrible spicy, but there are many non-spicy dishes as well.

Since the food is extremely cheap (in contrary to Japanese food in- and outside Japan), follow the local habit and order several dishes at every meal. You will discover a new world of taste, especially if you let order the Thai girls...

Again for Kamui..I forgot to thank you for your hints about food and money safeness.. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

I don't have watch ( I don't like ) and I'll not bring with me my mobile..( so I can be more relax )..

I'm curious to try Thai food and I'll let choose dishes to the girl also for me..If the quality is the same as Japan I'll be happy..

best regards..

Vinny :D

Archived