Hi everyone..Questions about my 1st travel in Pattaya

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- You can pay with credit card at your hotel

(be aware that a few hotels take 5% comission on CC payements)

never loose sight of your credit card.

- About cash, jsut take what u need for your evening/night out, so if something ever happens

(never happened in 6 years to me) u only loose a bit of money.

- Normally the in room safe is ......safe

I heard cases when it has not been the case but never had a friend to whom it happened.

About specific advices for pattaya ask CT

Why pay with euros? (most of the time it will not be accepted)

when U arrive change something like 5-6k bht at don muang airport, tere are money changers (bank offices) open 24h/24h and they offer you the correct exchange rate.

Once in pattaya change the rest of your money.

Me I always take some cash (euros) that I change at don muang then I used my credit card or current account card (with maestro or cirrus logo on it)

at ATM.

The difference is not big.

Hi again Drogon I was thinking to pay in Euro only to not use Credit Card ( many peoples says that is really easy to clone it in Thailand )..Hovewer I'll change,as you just told me, some money directly in the airport and the rest directly in Bank Office in Pattaya..

Thx a lot.. :bow::bow::bow:

Best regards

Vinny :D

If you go to a good hotel there should not be any cloning problem.

Anyway depending on the amount you have to pay for your stay I would advise you to pay cash.

There are plenty of bank offices and they offer you the correct exchange rates.

(bangkok bank, siam commercial bank, khrung thai etc..)

Do like others do, stroll the offices and find the best exchange rate if you want to but the difference is not big except if you change 100k euros :grin:

Me most of the time when I stay 1-2 weeks I bring on me enough euros and change them at the airport then leave them in the safe.

Never had problems in 6 years.

I keep my ATM and credit cards as an emergency measure.

I'll go to the Queen Victoria Hotel..I guess that is a good Hotel and inside the room there's the SafeBox...I'll do as you did 'till now..I mean..I'll change everything at the Bangkok airport and bring with me only the money for the day/night and keep the other inside the SB.. :bow::bow::bow: (and to be sure I'll bring my Maestro and 1 CDC..)..

Best regards

What you can eat without any problems is "Tom Yam Gung" "Pa Naeng Gai" and "Pad Ka Prow Gai" tell them to bring the chilly on the side and spice it up yourself!

These dishes can be very spicy.

I`d rather go for the variety of fried rice dishes: Khao Phat or

Friend noodle: Phat Thai

Rice soup: Khao Thom or Joke

Noodle soup: Gwiddeo

Beef/chicken/pork in Oyster sauce: Neua/gai/moo phat nam man hoi

Soya sauce dishes: Phat see yuu

Boiled pork with a delicious sauce and pickled veggies: Khao Khaa Moo

Chicken over rice: Khao man gai

Red pork slices over rice: Khao Moo Daeng

Neutral soup: Gaeng Narm juet

None of these are the least bit spicy, but you will be able to spice it up yourself if you so wish.

These are stable thai dishes and available all over at various food stalls, food courts etc.

Have fun and recall the thai saying: Don`t think too mutt :)

cheers

hua nguu

True that!

I said to order the chilli on the side, so I dont think it would be too spicy!

Anyways all your dishes are fine too!

Yes don't think too Mudd!

Change money at Soi Pattaya Klang (Soi8 and 2nd road near TOPS Shopping Mall) Western Union/Money Exhange Box next to the gold shop (Red Box) They give the most, 500 Euros are 24.200 Baht, you won't get that anywhere else!

Queen Victoria Hotel is giving me the creeps, Ants crawling out of the sink and trying to make a family in your tooth paste, been there, saw that!

Hotels I Recommend

Top Notch

Marriott Ressort & Spa (now guest friendly)

best service and envoirement and location

Great Hotels (not expensive according to quality)

Mercure Hotel

Sabai Lodge (Sabai Wing)

White House Condotel

Budget Hotels

no clue about that, 35 Euros per night for one of those hotels above shouldn't be too much, dont forget that you bring a girl to the room, if you can't fuck good at least you made an impression on the room ;) j/K

Hi Hua Nguu and thx a lot for your dishes explanation!! :bow::bow::bow:

Christian Troy ants from the sink??? :yikes:

Thx a lot..Thanking God i still need to place the reservation..so now I'm looking for White House Condotel that looks like really cool :rotfl: if for real the rooma re as the shows in the pics..wow.. :elephant: ..I only hope that they don't charge extra money bringing girls in the room.. ;) ..The position is just a little far from this Soi ( from 2 to 6 )you think that I can go by foot??

Best regards..

Archived