where should i stay on ko samui?

theshaw66

Lamai or Chaweng.

Lamai is a lot smaller than Chaweng, but is more night life oriented.

For a bit more variety but still a lot of different options, go for Chaweng.

Whatever you choose, you can do a trip or two inbetween the two by taxi (recommendable at night).

Good times can be had in both parts.

When I visited Samui I took one of my regulars so I was not "on the hunt" Stayed at Rocky Resort near Lamai beautiful setting, beach and rooms. But it was a bit pricy and very remote 100-200 bht taxi to get anywhere. For more action you need to stay closer to Lamai or Chaweng. But if you want romance Rocky is nice.

S1

Yes, i've stayed at various hotels along Chaweng....from 5 star to 2 star....southern end of Chaweng has the quieter, more family orientated hotels, plus the 'classier' often, but not always, more expensive hotels......i liked it there....bungalow on the beach, nice...northern end has a mix of class and cheap, but the beach is more cluttered and it's more a chav crowd....beer and music time! Short walk to the lady zone however...

Sanddawg, how much is the rocky resort a night please? I might be taking my gf to Samui soon.....cheers!

i just made a reservation at the Ever Green Resort,has anybody heard of it?

Theshaw66, used to stay there years ago but hav'nt stayed for a while now. Certainly very central, yards from the beach and a very short walk to most of the action in Chaweng. As i've mentioned on forums before i used to love it on Samui but gone down hill (particularly Chaweng) in my view in recent years. The beach on Chaweng also not a patch on what it was before. If its your 1st trip to Samui then maybe the Ever Green and Chaweng as good a place to start as any and get your bearings? But personally i'd say Lamai a better bet if your single or some where like Bophut a better option if your taking someone with you?

Simie.

Archived