Aircraft Terror Plot

Mentors

They are cancelling flights. If it all turns out to be bullshit that might prove embarassing. They are getting very anal about carrying fluids on board. Scotland yard says it was an attempt at "mass murder".

London has some crazy people getting on airplanes...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...CNN update:

LONDON (CNN) -- British police have disrupted what they believe was a major terrorist plot to blow up aircraft in flight, likely between the United Kingdom and the United States, a statement from Scotland Yard said Thursday.

"It is believed that the aim was to detonate explosive devices smuggled on board the aircraft in hand luggage. It is believed that the attacks would have been particularly targeted at flights from the UK to the USA," the statement said..."\

Reread that first part..."believe...likely..." inother words who knows, but it sounds good, diverts attention, and justifies military action, and a further erosion of right...tons of "alleged terrorist activities" and yet after the initial hype, we never hear another peep about it.

As another poster stated, I don't believe a damned thing they tell me anymore, zilch!

you can check it in , along with your mobile phone, Ipod etc ....

and make a donation to the baggage handlers vacation fund :(

OC

PS....amazing that the airlines allowed all the theft to happen for years , and really did not do much about it.....

It may surprise you to know, that there is actually very little theft from checked baggage, cameras and spies/set ups all over the place. A lot of lost items are just that, bags rip, stuff falls out, bags pop open etc, not all items are put back in, and have to be put in a loose tub if the bag is damaged, thus, other passangers can pick up stufrf as well...what is found in the shoot is turned in to lost and found, often never claimed.

Let's see if anyone is actually charged and tried for any of this. I have my doubts. When they are released without charge there will be no fuss about it in the media.

It happens all the time these days. A bunch of people are arrested in connection with some fucked up terror plot. The media goes mad. Everyone is scared shitless.

A few months later they're all released due to lack of evidence or seriously questionable evidence.. and it gets almost no media coverage.

It's all about creating a climate of fear, pure and simple.

Exactly my point! Remember the 3 University students busted at a Denny's in Florida? how about the guys "possibnly conspiring to blow up a mall in Ohio?" Never heard another word about this.

All just more smoke and mirrors...

I agree Fidel & OH. Amazing the timing...Bush supporter and incumbant Lieberman loses in Conn (only the 4th incumbent to lose a primary since 1980), the GOP starts their campaign bellowing on how the Dems are soft on national security and we are less than eight weeks to an election. And the next day voila, a Red Alert, the first ever.

Just call me a cynic, but I would bet there will be a couple more of these terror alert things coming up, all mysteriously ending the first Wednesday of Nov. Gotta keep the unwashed masses quaking in their boots and show "proof" that the GOP is really tuff on terror...

As I have said before, I would not put anything past the mob in charge of the US/UK and believe nothing that they say.

Cheers,

SD

Archived