Muslims should be banned from the skies

Fidel

They would if they could. And already did when they hit the WTC and pentagon. Its not a matter of our strategy being less "fair" than theirs. At least i hope you don't think so.

If there is some shit head in a mosque telling his followers to murder americans and brits wherever you find them, take him out. Common sense really.

It would be different if they were spewing their hatred and no one acted on it. But in the case of radical muslims they do act on it. So we need to pull up the roots of the problem.

Now i know someone is going to say the root of the problem is the USA. Thing is the USA is the big gorilla that is not going away (and could not, even if it wanted to). The US needs oil that is a fact. So the US will not walk away from the ME. And their are alot of arabs who are very happy the US is not going away as billions go from the west to the ME. Maybe for the arab on the street the real problem is the ruling elite (that you like to talk about so much) in the ME and not the ruling elite in the US.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, (Iraq / Afghanistan, Iran next?) is unfair.

"Thing is the USA is the big gorilla that is not going away (and could not, even if it wanted to). The US needs oil that is a fact. So the US will not walk away from the ME."

Here is the problem, they need oil. They don't have enough to satisfy their own desires.... they WILL TAKE IT.

With regard to the elite in the ME. Who are they? Mostly propped up by the US to serve the interests of the US.

Interesting...so, should "Muslims be banned from the sky?"

Certain Muslims, yes.

Certain "any terrorist, trouble-maker", yes.

How to determine, which is which?

Profile...huge database with pictures of all the bad people?

Yes, the USA is a oil user, but so is China and Japan and, if memory serves me somewhat, adding up China and Japan makes the USA not the largest oil user.

When things get tight, do you think China will sit back and do nothing...since they have 25% of the world population?

We will see action like you never saw before! IMO...

Ok. Well, we all accept the fact that the way we are going we're going to end up tearing each other apart over oil.. to maintain growth in GDP.

This is where Capitalism/Consumerism is flawed, it is unsustainable. I challenge anyone to deny this.

So, how do we prevent the world from sliding into a dirty war over resources...... a fundamental change in how we live is necessary.

Unless the majority, even in the West, wants to end up living in conditions of third world style poverty or worse...

But, of course, we will be told.. T.I.N.A, there is no alternative to Capitalism/Privatisation.

Economics is at the root of all the problems we're seeing today, climate change, terrorism... u name it.

Money is the root of all evil as they say...

>>This is where Capitalism/Consumerism is flawed, it is unsustainable. I challenge anyone to deny this.<<

Pure capitalism is flawed. We need a dose of central planning to reconfigure what energy source we use. A shift from oil to something else should have commenced decades ago. This modified type of capitalism could fix the problem.

So why was it not shifted?

Another flaw. This time with american democracy. Seems that the mega money generated by oil has been used to gain influence over the federal government. Hence no shift away from oil and even as we sit here now with 2600 americans killed and another 60,000 wounded, we still are doing NOTHING to shift to another energy source.

Central planning will never work, as long as the correct values of oil reserves are known to the market the price mechanism of a market economy will take care of that.

Last predictions I saw we have this year and next will be booming, 2008 recession and after that up again. In next boom I guess we will see an oil price of 100 $.

I would expect that one of the very basic needs, food, will start to have some impact...more then oil.

The USA was/is a very large producer of food.

They don't grow much food in the Middle East. At one time it was a balance of oil <> food.

If it gets back to that, then the palying field should level out some...I hope.

Archived