NFL Gridiron Challenge

Shilo

Well this sunday I will get to see Chelsea play Liverpool and later that night I watch my beloved Bengals play their first preseason game..... so I guess that must mean it's time for a little FOOTBALL.

So this thread to to let everyone know that there is an NFL Fanasty Football League set up on the ESPN site called the Thailand Lovers League. It's open to anyone who wants to play. Just click on the link below, sign up and pick your team. For what's it's worth, this is the third year for this format. In year one a Brit won, I was able to get a little revenge by taking back the honors last year, so I guess we can think of this year as the tie breaker for the Battle Across the Pond

Here is the link:

http:// games.espn.go.com/gridiron/group?groupID=968&password=null

Let me know if you have any problems getting signed on to the site and I suggest that those who chose to play read the rules.

I copied and pasted the link provided to have a look , got the the blank page reply :dunno:

Bada :beer: Bing

I double checked the link and it's good...I think the problem is that when I started this thread the Nana site wouldn't take the link with the password embedded.

I know it might be a pain but I think you may have to type the link into a browser instead of a simple cut and paste.

Sorry about the confusion.

The problem with the link is that there is a space between the http and the rest. If you copy/paste and remove the open space it will take you right there.

I also am in...although I too prefer the other type of fantasy game and usually only play this type when its playoffs time and that's all there is left.

Good luck to all.

Dave,

Thanks for clearing that up...

If you guys are interested, I'm putting together a league on ESPN like we had last year. Actually, I was in Dave's last year and started my own with some Pattaya guys.

I prefer to keep the number of mangers at 10 because I think that it gives everyone a better chance to field a quality team. I was going to PM a couple of you gauys to see if you were interested but I'll be damned if I could find a PM system on this new board.

If any of you guys are interested in joining just leave an email address on this thread so I can send you an invite. I'm hoping to get enough interest early enough to have a live draft on Saturday 8/26. I'm thinking 8am eastern time in the US, which would be 1pm in London and 7pm in Bangkok...

Shilo

I also am in...although I too prefer the other type of fantasy game and usually only play this type when its playoffs time and that's all there is left.

ah, so it is a different game to last years. Just from the quick look, I think last years game format would be better.

Instead of us putting our emails here cant you set up the league then put the league joining code on here?

just had a look, there is an option to reactivate the 2005 league

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/welcome

a better option?

ah' date=' so it is a different game to last years. Just from the quick look, I think last years game format would be better.

Instead of us putting our emails here cant you set up the league then put the league joining code on here?

just had a look, there is an option to reactivate the 2005 league

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/welcome

a better option?[/quote']

Dave,

I'll make sure you get an invite. I should have the league set up in the next day or two.

Ultras67,

Like I mentioned before, I was in Dave's league last year and set up one of my own to play with some buddies from another board. I can't get into Dave's 2005 league unless he reactivates it... but I took a look at my own to see if I could just use it.

It seems that the system expected us to use the same players that we had drafted last year. It would allow me to delete an owner but then someone new would get his team... or I could delete the whole team but that would leave others with players already picked and the new owners have to pull from the new players back in the draftable pool... just to much work. It'll be easier to just start a new league for this year.

And it still leaves the problem of having to send an invite through the ESPN system for new managers. I have gathered a couple of emails from guys on other boards using the PM systems but I couldn't find that option here on the Nana board anymore...

As for the Gridiron: I agree that I prefer the draft..head-to-head format too. The Gridiron is somewhere between the NFL and EPL leagues. What I like about the Gridiron is that like the EPL I can choose any player for my squad as long as I stay below the salary cap, I can make as many changes as I like each week based on the match-ups, and it's easy to set up for anyone who wants to play.

The down side (as new guys playing for the first time) will quickly learn is that injuries and bye weeks can play havac on your plays. A quick example: say I buy a Reggie Bush for 6.3 mill and he gets off to a quick start. I'll have him locked at that price but his value will go up each week based on his performance (note: it can go down too). So if I paid 6.3 and after 6 weeks he moves up in price to 6.8 and then gets injured or has a bye week, I have to either sell him at the 6.3 and look for someone else (knowing that I won't be able to afford to buy him back later without losing someone else) or let him sit and not get any points for that week.

Well, got to stop now and go watch Chelsea vs Liverpool and then get ready for tonights game when my beloved Bengals take the field...

Good I love this time of year :cool:

Shilo:

Can you send me an invite? My email is with yahoo.com

Should be able to guess my email from my board handle <---- hint hint :)

I dislike putting my email on a public board because of all the spam!!!

As for PM's... It's easiest to click the board member's name. Then it comes up with a user profile. Click the "Start Private Topic" button.

I'll start a private topic with you now.

<>

Archived