Breakfast

Roger

Good idea, but 350 baht is way too expensive. Also, alot of English expats live with families and cook their own or in apartments where they order their breakfast to the room. So you need to sell a mix of an English and an American breakfast to get the maximum amount of punters. These places already exist in the 100 to 150 baht range.Bobbies Deli (my fave), Bobbies Arms, The Bus Stop, Old Dutch to name but a few.

Sorry to be so negative but wouldnt like to see you wasting your money.

Roger

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

Good idea, but 350 baht is way too expensive. Also, alot of English expats live with families and cook their own or in apartments where they order their breakfast to the room. So you need to sell a mix of an English and an American breakfast to get the maximum amount of punters. These places already exist in the 100 to 150 baht range.Bobbies Deli (my fave), Bobbies Arms, The Bus Stop, Old Dutch to name but a few.

Sorry to be so negative but wouldnt like to see you wasting your money.

Roger

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

Cheers mate,

Just testing. Will Bobbies' (is that different from Bobbies arms ?) serve the works, i.e. real decent bacon, mushrooms, black pudding, what ever. I cannot imagine you would be able to do that at 150 B and even cover the costs (and I'm fairly familiar with holesale prices in Thailand).

Never mind being negative by the way. I'm thankful. I'd never go and serve an American breakfast for that matter. I'm not desperate. I'm not going to serve waffles. I'm rather looking for something to keep myself occupied, it's not really about hitting the jackpot.

Hmmm ... So how about a wireless Intenet cafë on Koh Samui ? (gg)

Take care.

quote:

Originally posted by clickonline:

Cheers mate,

Just testing. Will Bobbies' (is that different from Bobbies arms ?) serve the works, i.e. real decent bacon, mushrooms, black pudding, what ever. I cannot imagine you would be able to do that at 150 B and even cover the costs (and I'm fairly familiar with holesale prices in Thailand).

Take care.

Bobbies deli is just round the corner from Bobbies Arms, open air place next to foodland on Patpong Two.

No black pudding but 2 eggs, Canadian bacon, fried potatoes, baked beans, sausage(not so decent) I think fried tomato. Toast and jam, all the coffee you want. I think it is 120 baht. Not bad for Bangkok.

Not your true English breakfast with fried bread, black pudding, mushrooms etc. If you do serve one of these I will definatly be a visitor.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Roger

quote:

Originally posted by Hamokhamok:

Roger, Can you say where all these places are that you refer to. Thanks.

Bobbies Deli is next to Foodland on Patpong 2, Bobbies Arms is also on Patpong 2, go up the carpark ramp and you will see it in front of you on your left. The Bus Stop is on Sukhumvit Soi 4 about 50m past Nana Plaza on the opposite side and The old Dutch is on the corner of Soi Cowboy and Sukhumvit Soi 23.

Happy Eating.

Cheers

Roger

Hamburger,

I mentioned both of these establishments on a previous thread "Breakfast in Bangkok" back in May, and I get tired of posting the same things over and over, I dont want Khun Sanuk to think that Peter or Dave are paying me for my postings.

wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

Not your true English breakfast with fried bread, black pudding, mushrooms etc. If you do serve one of these I will definatly be a visitor.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Roger

Hi Roger!

Hmmm ... See ! Perhaps not such a bad idea after all (gg).

Take care

• 3 weeks later...

Archived