Bull's Head vs The Londoner

Having been at The Bull's Head for the Quiz the other night I am now able to make a comparison with The Londoner.

And the winner is ....The Bull's Hesd - You could almost be back in the UK.(although why I would want to be back there I do not know)

I agree with Stickman regarding the Londoner. The atmosphere is terrible, the beer brewed on the premises is IMO not good and I am not impressed with the food , and as with Bangkok Phil there were only about 3 tables occupied in the whole place when I had the lunch.

I did not try the food at the Bull's Head the other night but the Lasagne and Sandwich purchaesd by Mike and BP looked good.

However Mike emptied half a bottle of Tabasco on the lasagne either to create a la Thai or to hide the taste. Either way it was gone within a couple of questions

I did however prefer the Quiz night at the Londoner to the onwe at the Bull's Head neither did I see many Thai's at the BH. Of an evening there are a fair number of young Thai ladies at the Londoner, although not necessarily available

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: phiketpete ]

Pete

I usually have the sandwich when I'm involved in the quiz because it's easy to manipulate but if you ever go back for a meal

The roast chicken dinner on a Sunday is wonderful value at about 200 baht

The all-day breakfast is excellent and I like the sausages and mash too.

The yorkshire pudding and sausage (toad in the hole?) is also fantastic but seems to go cold rather quickly.

If you still feel hungry after one of those you could finish with a great big sickly wedge of Banhoffi pie.

Don't go for the fish and chips and the apple crumble and custard is very poor.

See you at the Londoner for the next quiz I hope.

• 5 weeks later...

The Londoner is a pub with no soul.

But I do like there cornish pasties.

The roast chicken dinner at the Bulls Head is available every day not just sundays.

Could they find somebody with a slighty more monotone voice to do the quiz at the Londoner?

Much prefer the quiz at the Dubliner.

At least the quizmaster tries to have a bit of fun with it.

Why are all the quiz nights on a Tuesday?

The Hamburger

Archived