Pizza in pattaya?

What on earth could possibably posess you to want PIZZA in Thailand????????

If you went to Italy would you spend your trip looking for some nice som tam or perhaps the Italians make a nice tomyung goong.

When in Rome do as the Romans do!!!!!!!!!!

Get my drift????? tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Bakkabon:

What on earth could possibably posess you to want PIZZA in Thailand????????

If you went to Italy would you spend your trip looking for some nice som tam or perhaps the Italians make a nice tomyung goong.

When in Rome do as the Romans do!!!!!!!!!!

Get my drift?????
tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

Bakkabon, I have heard (but not confirmed - BRRRRR) that vegemite is just fabulous in Australia.

Do you eat it and nothing else everyday?

Of course not.

Most of us living in Thailand love Thai food just as much as you do. However, we do not eat it every meal, every day. I am sure when you visit Thailand you go nuts here as the Thai food is fantastic and cheap compared to your homeland.

But, when you live here, there are times you miss the food popular in your hometown (what I wouldn't give for a decent cheesesteak, soft pretzel, or hoagie), so you enjoy that cuisine at times. One of the the great things about Bangkok that I like so much is the variety of outstanding restaurants here.

You can enjoy tom yam one meal and a pizza with anchovies (ugh!) the next. Also, pizza is a universally liked food by most folks whether they are ex-pats or visitors. Hell, most bargirls I know scream 'peeeeeza' when you ask them what they would like to eat - except for Thai food, of course.

So, yes, I get your drift, but I bet those Romans would absolutely love an occasional taco, bratwurst, or khaw man gai to liven up their diets.

Variety is the spice of life.

Sarisin,Most of us living in Thailand love Thai food just as much as you do. However, we do not eat it every meal, every day. I am sure when you visit Thailand you go nuts here as the Thai food is fantastic and cheap compared to your homeland.

But, when you live here, there are times you miss the food popular in your hometown (what I wouldn't give for a decent cheesesteak, soft pretzel, or hoagie), so you enjoy that cuisine at times. One of the the great things about Bangkok that I like so much is the variety of outstanding restaurants here

Most of us living in Thailand love Thai food just as much as you do. However, we do not eat it every meal, every day. I am sure when you visit Thailand you go nuts here as the Thai food is fantastic and cheap compared to your homeland

Ahhh my friend you are quite right in what you say, for the simple fact you live in Thailand , were as the original poster does not... laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Sarisin,

Hoagies available at Larrys Dive , just around the corner from walking street Pattaya.

Oh my God is it good.

Can't say if they have it in the Bangkok bar.

In fact I have only been to the Bkk LD once, it had a big sign behind the bar "Worst service in Bangkok" and I had to agree.

Bakkabon,

How do you know the original poster is not just visiting Pattaya from Bangkok?

The Hamburger

quote:

Originally posted by howie:

I have found the pizzas at that resturant on Beach Road( i forget the name)are quite good. It is located just north of Pattayaland 2 and has a brewery in the resturant.....just wish I could remember the name?

That's Hopf House... The pizza there is awesome- some of the best pizza I've had ever, yet alone in Thailand. I'm not a fan of thin crust pizza but I can eat a whole one of their pizzas to myself. I highly recommend the funghi pizza (mushrooms, diced olives, and capers) and a 1/2 liter of their wheat beer.

Yum!

quote:

Originally posted by Ken:

I will be going to pattaya soon. Does anyone know of a good pizza joint other than pizza hut on beach road?

Try Pan Pan just before Jomtien beach.

Archived