TeeHeeHee, it pays to know the cuture!

I have been having issue with a former A-list gal. Not sure what the deal is, but it has been very "high school" and uncomfortable. So I wanted to make a point with her. Some may say it is revenge, so be it -- hard to argue that point. I certainly felt she made me lose face in her bar (not a big deal, but still a bother).

This was difficult, since I do not believe in physical violence, nor making a scene. But I have been stewing over this for a couple of weeks now and needed to do something to reiterate my place in the food chain.

Tonight, I had my window of opportunity.

You see, I was playing a dice game with some of the gals who work in the same bar. I won big tonight. And as usual, I wanted to give generous tips to the gals who were playing (and some tip to any of the other gals who were working...share the good fortune, so to speak) as I usually do.

Well, I had a crowd of gals around me (I called them over, they were not "hovering") and passed out the loot. B200 to each of the gals who were playing the game, B50 to the rest. When I came to the gal who pissed me off, I gave her a one baht coin. I am sure I sneered when I said "and here's a tip for *you*" heeheehee. The look on her face was priceless, a combination of "deer in headlights" and "you fucker!".

The reaction was what I wanted. She was way pissed off, and all her co-workers were aghast that I would be so rude, as in gasping and hands to face. A Thai male acquaintance on scene gave me a nod and wink, and a knowing smile.

Good.

Was it childish? Yes. Did it hurt anyone? No, outside of some pride, which was the intent. Did it feel good? You bet. Am I proud of myself? Not really.

But it had to be done.

That is the good thing about knowing the Emily Post version of Thai manners. People know I am unfailingly polite, so if I do something way rude, it is noticed. I can make a point subtly, but it is also a very strong point since it is Thai-style, not raving lunatic-style as most farangs are when they are upset. Making someone lose major face in front of co-workers is a very strong message indeed! I have only done it a couple of times before, but damn is it powerful.

Revenge: a dish best served cold (and subtly, I'll add).

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Some may say it is revenge, so be it -- hard to argue that point...Was it childish? Yes. Did it hurt anyone? No, outside of some pride, which was the intent. Did it feel good? You bet. Am I proud of myself? Not really.

But it had to be done...Revenge: a dish best served cold (and subtly, I'll add)..."

Suadam,

Good for you dude! I have always advocated revenge against anyone who insults or hurts you, or in anyway offends you. I believe a small tip sends a better message than no tip! For this reason, SSG will only get $100 of my life insurance should I die, another Thai woman and her kids will get $25,000, the rest to a Charity...the instructions are clear, when the check is delivered, the girl getting the $25K isto say "this could have been yours you stupid bitch." and then hand her the $100.

Petty? trivial? trite? assinine? yes, but a final fuck you too from the grave to the right people can be very cathartic at times...just knowing that is in place will allow me to meet my maker in peace.

But enough of my issues, back to Tiger. I hope this serves as a message to all the young punters out there, learn the culture, be a good guy, but bring that pimp hand down when a bitch crosses the line or even gets near it. Good for you dude!

Perhaps there might be a more subtle way of resolving issues such as this...the clue being that you did not feel good after the event...making Thais ( or anyone ) lose face in public could be storing up trouble which one day might come back when we dont expect it...maybe not putting ourselves into situations where we can be made to lose face could be the answer,or just avoid those who we have a problem with...

It's not like he has to worry about offending a Thai police official. In that case SD would have every right to tread catiously when thinking of a way to slight someone. In the case of a barmaid, the chance of significant repurcussion will not be likely.

I was in a similar situation where I had bought a gal a ladies drink but just after purchase she would run off and chat up another punter. She ran back and forth between myself and two other patrons.

Fed up and out of patience I placed her drink on the floor. When she came back she asked where her drink went. I gazed down and once she saw what she had been equated to, realized her mistake, but simply walked away rather than push the issue.

SD

Well done! The Deer in the Headlights look is priceless.

Actually heard one story about a guy - a former goober I may add - who was pissed off at one bar girl. Every dancer got one hundred baht except the problem girl. She actually had the balls to tell the mamasan to tell this guy that he forget to give her money as well!

It does feel good to do when it is deserved!!

Agree, what was done...needed to be done.

I'm pissed, I always stuff up the timing...."We" left just before all this happened...

Would really have liked to have seen the face...lol...but it was a tad "Chilly" around there last night.

Oh well...not complaining....EXCEPT for Tiger's SMS at 1.13am this morning...updating me as to what happened....

All I can say is....Bad Tiger.....very poor timing...lol....

Guess I'll get over it :grinyes::grinyes:

Archived