TeeHeeHee, it pays to know the cuture!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a couple of kids squirt water at you or call you a "poo poo face" do you feel the need to "stand up for yourself" to "regain honour"? If you want to give them a good clip round the ear there and then to teach them respect, all well and good. But to come back the next week and do something equally childish would simply lower you to the level of a child. Suadam has, I believe, lowered himself to the level of an immature tart. Of course he's made himself popular with the other girls because he's handing them money for nothing. But has he "saved face" or taught anyone the importance of respect? I doubt it.

You'd better believe I'd deal with kids like that quick and hard! And I have done so on occassion. It takes a village to raise a child sometimes, and if the kids parents aren't around to straighten him out, you'd better believe I will do it on the spot.

AS I said, there were times when I did nothing, and it was a mistake, and a mistake to which there is no going back. Not only did I lose face with her, and empower her to do it again to someone else, but I lost face infront of family and friends. It is/was a mistake I seriously regret making.

SD > I had big plans for that one -- something I had never done before.<

That indeed doesn't sound like you.

>But maybe she saved me from myself and I should thank her<

Not knowing the inside story, I still think you may have a point there.

She may have sensed you coming to close, or her coming too close, and realising it wouldn't have a future because of Mrs SD.

Or was your action of the one baht insult subconsciously motivated by a need to burn your bridges with her, out of self preservation? Had she gotten too far under your skin?

I have subconsciously sabotaged an exBG relation that could have blossomed while exploding my marriage. i just didn't realise that's what I did at the time I did it, but it was glaringly obvious at the time. Sometimes, I still regret it......

>You'd better believe I'd deal with kids like that quick and hard

Old hippie. Distributor of street justice to whores and small children. Man, that some reputation. You must be so proud.

-j-

I am! and it beats the hell out of being a punk assed bitch who takes shit off of kids and whores. Tell me Mr. All knowing, AT what point do *YOU* draw the line? How would you deal with a 12-14 year old kid who got in your face? Never mind, I know, you'd take it, and that kid would just shit all over you, and get more empowered to try more the next time, be it with you or someone else. Take shit off the lowest, and you'll take it off anyone. You roll your way dude, I'll roll mine.

Guest lazyphil

Its not standing up to children street ferrel yobs that has loads of the little bastards running amok in gangs causing misery for many, where are the parents??....whos taking control of them?.....everyone seems scared of these hoody wearing yobs and they know it and it seems to empower them more giving them incredible arrogance...its a sad state of affairs imo.............

Looks like you got some pretty significant anger management issue's there OH. As has been noted elsewhere, a bit at odds with the "hippie" handle.

The point is not whether I "take shit" or not, the point is that you seem to get rattled by *evryone*. Kids, tarts, board posters etc. I really only give a shit (as you put it) when person giving the nonsense is some one whose opinion I care about.

As you may notice your constant jibes do not bother me at at. Now, let see if you can put two and two together...

-j-

If you want to talk about the abbrogation of parental responsibility in the rearing of children today, I am all for that discussion. You wanna talk about random strangers running around delivering

vigilantee "justice", "correcting kids" etc, according to what has ticked them off at that particular moment in time, then you are on your own.

-j-

Wow, I never knew these bargirl games could get so intense.

I'm starting to like my policy of getting drunk and making an idiot of myself, while still making sure everyone gets paid.

After all, I'm a tourist, and have nothing to offer them, in terms of a future.

I'm serious about this!!!

PS. If you're reading, Suadum, Dimples is the exception. :)

Dude, I don't care about your opinions anymore than you care about mine. As for only getting rattled by people who's opinions matter to you, doubt it, but o.k. if you say so. I am more than certain you are irritated/bothered etc by many people in your day to day, you just choose to do nothing about it. Fine. But people who see that, will mark you. But as I said, maybe different back grounds/different people we encounter in our day to day, so different rules.

But here is a scenario that happened to me, you tell me how you would handle it. I Was at the super market, out side, some kid came up and started talking crap. Now I am easily 4 times his size. He is telling me he might just take my gold chain if he wants to. I ignore him, this empowered him. He got more and more brave. Then he sticks his chest out, gets up on me, and says "what you gonna do about it...?" So I back handed him hard across the face, he fell down, I went for him, he was crying, got up and ran...Seems he wasn't so brave. Now, tell me how you'd handle that?

Anger management? me? yes, I have noted and been very honest about many of my issues, which is more than I can say about others. Easy to play Mr. Perfect on an internet board. Reality is of course a different story. So agree to disagree or don't, I really don't care.

Archived