mobile dilema

Dexi

I am thinking of upgrading to a Samsung D 600.On one site it says it has quad band,on another that it has 3 band which " works all over the world including USA Canada and Euro )does this mean not Asia ? If I paid for it to be unlocked from the network ( probably O2 ) could I just buy a SIM in LOS and use as normal ?Does unlocking do any damage ? Also could I just buy an unlocked handset in say MBK and be able to use it in UK and LOS.Also are they available with a Thai/English script keyboard so I could send SMS which the gf.could read ? Anyone any experience of this ?.

There maybe 2 versions, a Euro and a USA model. A USA triband is 850/1800/1900 and a quad is 850/900/1800/1900. If the phone works in Euroland it will work in Thailand but you will have to select a cell company that is compatible. DTAC works at 1800 and AIS works at 900.

I unlocked my Nokia triband and use it with no problems in the USA and LOS. I use DTAC in LOS.

regarding thai language etc. generally all phones are capable of it if being loaded with the correct software config, but you're unlikely to get that anywhere outside the Thai language sales area LOL!

lastly the thai/english labelled keypad again is unlikely to be found outside LOS & mobile phone vemdor ware houses, but of course you could buy mostly any popular model & the guys at MBK will hook you up with whatever 'thainess' you fancy for a price!

risk of unlocking damage if done correctly is low, but I'm sure the MBK guys screw up now & then & the the handset might turn unusable & even non recoVerABLE

if however you buy a newer sony ericsson I'll hook it up with thai/english language pack for you!!

Archived