Steak

Wow, that is a tough one. Here are three of my favorites:

1. Neil's Steak House on Soi Ruam Rudee close to the US Embassy. I think they have another restaurant (on Asoke Rd.?) Great steak and other dishes. Expensive, reservations necessary weekend evenings.

2. New York Steak House in the JW Marriott Hotel on Sukhumvit/Ploenchit, very close to NEP. Basically the same comments as for Neil's.

3. Hunter's Pub. Very different from #1 and #2 above. Laid back pub on Sukhumvit Soi 4, on the right side about 500m from NEP. Very good steak at a most reasonable price.

There is a restaurant on Patpong 1 (if it is still there) called Misu, I believe, that also has great steak at a very good price. It is on the second floor and rather hard to find. Have not been there in awhile.

By the way, I have found it to be mostly a waste of time taking BGs to steak restaurants. Most will not eat beef. You can find other things for them usually on the menu, but IMO it is better to take them to a place like a Thai or a suki restaurant like Coca or MK.

Oh crap, you are right. Another brain fart. Sorry.

In Pattaya, there is a small restaurant on Second Road called El Toro across from the Royal Garden Shopping Center. Good steak there and decent prices too. The restaurant is small though.

Someone please start a thread on Steak in Bangkok. haha

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

[QB]There is a restaurant on Patpong 1 (if it is still there) called Misu, I believe, that also has great steak at a very good price. It is on the second floor and rather hard to find. Have not been there in awhile.

QB]

Yes, Mitsu's or Mizu's(correct spelling, I believe) is still in Patpong. Prices are cheap and the food is good.

Be sure to wear old clothes because if you lean up against the walls, the accumulated grease will rub off on you. I always feel like taking a shower and a shampoo when I leave there. The food is clean just the premises need a good washing down and a coat of fresh paint. Also I like the old posters they have on the wall. Kind of an indication of how long it has been since the place was cleaned.

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: gene1944 ]

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: gene1944 ]

After about 15 years of looking, I've yet to find a really good steak place in either Bangkok or Pattaya. I've been to Neils several times, as well as The J.W., but by international standards I would rate their steaks "acceptable."

For a city the size of Bangkok, and considering the international flavor of the place, its always amazed me. While there are many really good restaurants here, certain culinary areas have remained undeveloped. I have come to think of a good steak as good motivation for a visa run.

I'll be dodging the terrorists soon to pop over to New York. Been having dreams lately of a good pastrami sandwich.

KohChai,

Have you tried Chokchai steak house (owned by the people who do Chokchai milk and own Chokchai ranch) good steak if you go for the local beef , I've always been dissapointed with their imported stuff. (go figure)

But I think the best prime rib I've had in bkk is at The Ribroom.

In Pattaya if you go right to the end of walking street there is a resteraunt that also has a couple of rooms (cant remember the name) It does a great Kobe steak.

Regards

The Hamburger

I'll second Neils for the best steak I've had in thailand ( so far)

really is a welcome meal after a frustrating day at the embassy

( on the wrong side of the glass)

they used to send out christmas cards, but none ( to me anyway) for a while?

Archived