Steak

Thanks for the update on Mitsu Gene, I will have to head over there again soon. I have been in a rut with going to Bobby's Arms (not for steak though) before nights out in the 'pong. By the way, great description of the place. I might add that an occasional six-legged creature (read: cockroach) may visit your table while enjoying your steak.

Also, I agree with Fatbastard on his evaluation of Chokchai's. I have been there a few times and not at all impressed with the quality of food or service.

One funny experience in '97 when the baht plunged against the greenback. A friend of mine who ate only chicken and I dropped in for dinner. I had a pepper steak. My friend always ordered the same thing - 1/4 of a chicken, which usually mean a leg and thigh portion.

Well, this time out came his order...a leg only. The thigh portion was missing despite a lovely photo on the menu showing the full deal.

When asked what happened, the manager replied, 'Thai economy maidee. Have to make smaller the amount of food.' The price of course remained the same.

And, that was the last time we went to Chokchai's.

By far, the best steaks in Pattaya, and probably Thailand, are at the Little Hill restaraunt. Unfortunately, it is on the other (East) side of Sukhumvit from the Pattaya bus station, so you will need a driver to get there. The place is run for fun, by a Dutch butcher from South Africa (a foul-mouthed, but charming old woman).

This place is very popular with expats in Pattaya (Of course, those are the people with easy access to a car). The phone number is 038-734-484, or mobile 01-687-2109. To get semi-understandable directions via email, write them at hill@loxinfo.co.th.

I almost always eat seafood in Pattaya, but when I had to have real beef, I had to have Little Hill. Nothing else comes close, unless you eat your beef the hell outside Thailand.

Note: There is a beautiful, voluptuous woman probably still working there named Jeab, but I will warn you that she is a family woman with three kids, so best leave her be. wink.gif" border="0

Bon Apetit. laugh.gif" border="0

Hamburger,

I believe the place you're talking about is the "Right Spot". They do a great kobe steak and lobster tail combo, and the service is good also. Have to get my vote for one of the best steaks in Thailand.

Archived