Yuk Yor Restaurant On The River

New Petchburi Pete

One night this week a good friend asked me and my wife to join him and his GF for dinner

at Yuk Yor on the river. We took Skytrain to

Siam and switched to the line whose final stop is at the river. We took a ferry across the river to Yuk Yor (? sp) ... actually there are three of them. The Thai cuisine was quite good; and was not too expensive. Also, there was live entertainment. All in all a nice experience and a nice change of pace from the Sukhumvit area. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone entertaining a lady. smile.gif" border="0

there is the yok yor and the yok yor marina, which has inside and outside entertainment. there is as well a dinner cruise, starting at the yok yor marina, which is much more reasonably priced than those, which start at the other side of the river. the cruise starts at 8p.m.

Yes, my friend told me that there were 3 of these restaurants. We went to the one with the outside/dockside entertainment ... the one with the insistent, Thai , male vocalist who chugged a large Heineken after every few songs! The food was worth the money, and not overpriced. I especially enjoyed it because of it's atmosphere ... on the other side of the river at night ... peaceful change of pace! ... and too dark to see how dirty the river actually is. laugh.gif" border="0

Pete The river can't be that dirty,I saw an otter near to Wat Arun in April. It's tidal to Ayuthaya, so it gets washed twice a day.

There is a fair amount of sediment in it which makes it look dirty. I bet it's cleaner than the Tyne or the Yantze!

quote:

Originally posted by coquetislander:

Pete The river can't be that dirty,I saw an otter near to Wat Arun in April. It's tidal to Ayuthaya, so it gets washed twice a day.

There is a fair amount of sediment in it which makes it look dirty. I bet it's cleaner than the Tyne or the Yantze!

While taking the express boat I saw a dead, bloated, pig bobbing in the river. All those houses over the river are dumping raw sewage into the river. The factories and plants lining the river are dumping their waste into the river. It is a very polluted river.

frown.gif" border="0

To All,

I've eaten there quite a few times. Good prices and food. A good place to take a lass to eat, listen to music, and star gaze while watching the boats buzz by. I thought there were only two? I have been to the two I know of, like the one directly across from the dock where the ferry picks you up the most. I watched the Y2K fireworks from there that New Years Eve with family and friends. Good view. I like the outside tables best. Love those spicy clams!! I may have their contact number somewhere. If so I'll post it if I can find it.

Cent

Archived