Spicy Salad, orghhh!!

Has anyone got any experiences to share with regard to sampling the local 'yam talay'?

I always make it a policy to check on the seafood before sampling. It seems to go off quickly.

I suppose it can depend on how active the girl has been that night. Can't be anything worse than stirring someone else's porridge.

Unless absolutely bladdered, the reek of stale 'yam' should be off-putting enough to stop sampling sessions.

I hope there is noone out there who has gained a taste for this local delicacy - the equivalent of sweaty stilton.

Anyway, any amusing stories appreciated.

Happy sampling!

Cheers

Well, kinda related. Last time in LOS (May this year) I skanked over to Khao Sahn rd, my old hippie deadbeat stomping ground. I ordered a spicy plaa buek salad and the guy asked me how hot I liked it. Real hot- I foolishly replied. The damn thing was littered with mouse shit chilis and I only managed half of it before running to the loo, knocking down a chunky eurotrash gal in my haste. blush.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Jaganath69:

you got my sympathy!

The though part is not eating the spicy stuff, its the next day when you "pay the price"

now if we could just get terrorists to eat this stuff and offer them the antidote ( the next day after their first trip to the crapper) we could get all the info we wanted out of them. nothing in the Genovia convention about this (yet)

yeah, I remember yam talay at thermae to be the hottest thai food I tried to ingurgitate. I did not like the other so called unidentified seafood in there neither...The girl I was with noticed I had bigggg problem and ordered kai yaang. That was great!

But some day, a lady was grilling tiger prawns on Sukhumvit close to thermae. She had a small table against the wall of a building that could seat two. A lady was sitting there already and the cookinglady asked politely if I could join. She was eating some salad and had me taste from her plate. Deliciousely hot. She ordered an other plate for me. I offered some more food and we ended up in my room.

That tiger prawn lady was no longer there last time in may. Sigh... Will check out next week...

I am still in for a very very hot som tam however...

Archived