UEFA Champions League

ultras67

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

gonna be interesting this Week.

out of 32 Teams only 9 have definately qualified.

and out of the 4 English Teams only Liverpool and Chelsea.

Arsenal and MU are still not sure of their places in the next round.

there could be some big seeded Teams walking away with egg on their faces.

this Week is gonna play havoc with the CL Compie.

Players are gonna have to look at the fixtures and look carefully at which Teams are going to rest Players and which are going to be at full strength.

Chelsea,Liverpool,Bayern,Inter,Valencia,Lyon.RM,Arsenal and Milan are likely to rest Players and which ones to pick is going to be a challenge.

Hi Zaad....... :wave:

:) :smirk: :cool:;):angel::grinyes::applause::up::elephant::chili::yay::rotfl::spin::tophat::monkey:

:) :smirk: :D :grin: ;):devil::grinyes::applause::up::elephant::chili::yay::rotfl::spin::tophat::monkey:

we :spank: your arse....... :applause:

Giggsie scores for the 12th successive season in European Competition..... :applause::worship:

anyone know of any other Player in the current era to do that?.

and MU score from 3 headers.......remarkable..... :beer:

all 5 Brit teams qualify for the next stage..... :chili::grinyes::worship::bow:

all 5 Brit teams qualify for the next stage.....

:applause::applause::applause:

and Chelsea was the one who was playing in a tough group! Arsenal, however was really struggeling in the b-team group! I think ManU didn't had a too hard group either! Anyways, great for english football to succeed so perfectly, that gives probably another CL spot anytime soon at the Uefa rankings!

You are applauding for Celtic???

Are you a brit now? I remember you told me that calling an englishman a brit was an insult? :dunno:

did i say i was a Brit?.......ENGLISH and proud of it.

just pointing out that all 5 British Teams have qualified for tht knock-out stages.....

something to celebrate as it has never happened before.

and it won't lead to an extra place in the competition.

UEFA are talking about reducing the # of Teams which are allowed in the competition.

i wish they would make up their minds,first they expand the competition and make it a mockery and then they talk about downsizing it....... :doah:

Yeah, was suprised you are happy for a brittish non english team!

I think downsizing is a great idea.

After all it is called Champions League and when I first heard the name I though it was all about champions and not teams who came in fourth!

Well the forth in England is still stronger then the most champs in europe.

I always thought it was a good idea to have:

the 2 top teams of the english and spanish league

the champion of each major euro leagues (low ranked countries go qualification)

also would allow the national cup winner of EPL, Bundesliga, Spanish league and Seria A, Frenchies!

uefa cup winner and the titleholder.

Shrink it to 16 teams

2 groups 8 teams ----> semi final 4 teams ----> final.

That would make the qualification more attractive (as a pre-season) Lame asspunk teams like Sofia or Kiev would be sorted out automatically.

Who doesn't make it doesn't deserve to play in the league of champs!

watcha think?

'the 2 top teams of the english and spanish league

the champion of each major euro leagues (low ranked countries go qualification)

also would allow the national cup winner of EPL, Bundesliga, Spanish league and Seria A, Frenchies!

uefa cup winner and the titleholder.'

they should revert to the old name for the competition.......the European Cup.

CL is STOOPID.........

with the advent of mega bucks in the early 90's then pressure was put on UEFA to change the format.

first 2 teams from certain Countries were allowed to compete and then up to 4 for the bigger Countries as is now.

the seeding process is alao a bit silly.

a Teams performance in the previous 5 Years determine wether they will be seeded.

even though MU didn't reach the knock-out stages last season they had enough points in the bag to remain a seed this season.

seemed silly that after Liverpool won the trophy they weren't even guaranteed a place in last seasons competition and UEFA had to change their own rules.

also silly is that the World Cup holders now have to qualify.

i think they should go back to having the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners compies back.

this system of Teams failing in the CL then going into the UEFA Cup is stupid and unfair in my opinion.

Archived