UEFA Champions League

ultras67

the English Teams can draw either of the following when the draw is made next Friday.

Man Utd.......

Barcalona

Inter

PSV

Roma

Real Madrid

Porto

Lille

Chelsea will have Celtic in their draw instead of Barcalona.

Liverpool will have Celtic in their draw instaed of PSV.

Arsenal will have Celtic in their draw instead of Porto.

there are some good Teams among the equation and some Teams to be avoided.

on paper i would fancy MU getting through against Lille,PSV or Porto.......but i have bad memories of Porto.

i don't think the Italians are as good this time around,but they still worry me.

i just know that MU will be drawn against either Barca or RM.

a return to Old Trafford for Beckham and scoring the winning Goal is a nightmare thought.........

so who would you prefer your respective Teams to be drawn against?.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we got there in the end but the 1st half was a bit worrying.

i just don't understand Fergie's insistence of playing 4-5-1 when at Home and in a Game they could not afford to lose.

he should be playing the Team to their strengths.

we needed the Goal before H/T and thankfully it came and eased the pressure a little.

going in 0-1 at H/T would have been worrying.

we gave Benfica too much time in the 1st 30 Minutes and conceded much possession and didn't really look like scoring.

thankfully the 2nd half was a little easier and after Giggs scored i thought Benfica gave up a little.

they didn't look like they had 2 Goals in them.

i'm still shaking my head about Giggs though.

12 Seasons in a row he has scored in a European Competition.....that is some record.

i think he has played 96/97 games in the CL and could become one of a special group.......100 appearances.

only 4 Players have done it so far,Maldini at AC is on 99 so Giggs could become the 6th.

in the next Month he should pass Bill Foulkes and become the player with the 2nd most appearances for MU....only Sir Bobby to aim for.

i think they should go back to having the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners compies back.

this system of Teams failing in the CL then going into the UEFA Cup is stupid and unfair in my opinion.

Agree. Bring back the old times!

so who would you prefer your respective Teams to be drawn against?.

Don't underestimate my second team Sayjann. I still have hopes of knocking Man Who out with PSV and therefore hope they're drawn against each other :chili:

I'd rather avoid Italian teams. They're proven to be a tough nut to crack for any of my teams :banghead:

i think they should go back to having the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners compies back.

this system of Teams failing in the CL then going into the UEFA Cup is stupid and unfair in my opinion.

I find it unfair too to put the loosers back to the uefa cup. I also would find it stupid to reinstate the cup winners cup. I also don't like the blown up uefa cup with group stages. Because it is playing noname vs noname!

New Thoughts on the CL modus!

Think about it

#1 League Champ of the 6 top ranked leagues (6 teams)

#2 Cup Winners of the top 6 ranked leagues (6 teams) [if cup and league champ identical, a 2nd placer of the league gets upgraded]

#3 Uefa Cup Winner + CL Winner (2 teams)

#4 32 Top 2nd placers (eventually 3rd placers in England and Spain)play a qualification in knock out mode in the pre-season in 2 seperated groups, each winner is qualified, all others go automatically in the uefa cup!

Sounds pretty harsh, but it would ONLY include champions! It WOULD upgrade the regular Uefa Cup, there would be top teams again, like ManU, Madrid or even Barca, Milan, Bayern etc... Wow what an amazing Uefa cup. It would booooooost the tournament!

The CL would only have winners, cup winner, league winners, uefa title holders and the pre season winners. (pr-season also a great chance to give benchwarmers of the top clubs a chance)

The CL pre-season replaces the UI-Cup!

I seriously think it is a genius thought of mine :)

C'mon discuss it. It is called champions league!

you think i'm worried about your 4th rate 2nd Team........ :rotl::rotl::rotfl::rotfl:

seriously i am worried.

Porto fucked us with big mouth 'i am the special one' in charge.

then your #1 Team knocked us out last season and i just fear PSV will fuck us up again if drawn together..... :banghead:

i can imagine the abuse i will get from you if MU draw PSV and lose......... :doah:

but i just KNOW Beckham will come back to haunt MU and knock us out........ :yikes:

Archived