UEFA Champions League

ultras67

In all seriousness, I think it is practical to say that as you have mentioned, they are never even close anymore! Winning the CL is a valid way to get huge cash with only a couple of games! The cash can be well spent on good players and maybe one day they have a shot again, even when I think that ManU is just too good right now! R. Giggs is the absolute super hero for me, this guy is around forever and he is still the MVP for ManU (IMO)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. I blame Chelsea for that. Liverpool's 2005 game against Milan was by common agreement the most exciting CL final ever and the 2006 FA Cup final against West Ham was perhaps the most exciting final there too.

Liverpool played well against Arsenal (4-1) and Man U (where they dominated the game but fell to a last minute lucky sucker punch goal). It's just the Chelsea games that are dull. In the last semi-final, Liverpool were in a very difficult position, having to score but knowing that conceding even one goal against such a good defensive side would leave them an almost impossible task. So I blame Chelsea - who had every reason to attack (they had the safety cushion so should have gone out to score to kill the game but hardly attacked). The Chelsea-ManU matches tend to underwhelm too.

Got to agree with you on the 2006 FA Cup Final, the best one I remember seeing in my lifetime.

I was not agreeing fully with Jorge Valdano but the comment "a shit hanging from a stick" made me burst out laughing in the office this lunchtime when I read it.

I would be interested to know what the actual Portuguese phrase is and the real translation since this is obvisously a direct transliteration.

Meh. I blame Chelsea for that. Liverpool's 2005 game against Milan was by common agreement the most exciting CL final ever and the 2006 FA Cup final against West Ham was perhaps the most exciting final there too.

Liverpool played well against Arsenal (4-1) and Man U (where they dominated the game but fell to a last minute lucky sucker punch goal). It's just the Chelsea games that are dull. In the last semi-final, Liverpool were in a very difficult position, having to score but knowing that conceding even one goal against such a good defensive side would leave them an almost impossible task. So I blame Chelsea - who had every reason to attack (they had the safety cushion so should have gone out to score to kill the game but hardly attacked). The Chelsea-ManU matches tend to underwhelm too.

Allright Bibblies,

You won one game this season vs The Arsenal, can you please tell us the results of the other three games...........Thanks.

Great Bibblies,

Your team won once vs The Arsenal this season, would you mind reminding us of the results of the other three games........Thanks.

Not to mention the 2001 UEFA Cup Final against Alaves which we won 5-4, three of the best ever finals and people call us boring. Just petty fecking jealousy if you ask me :cussing:

Don't remember. Only home league and European games count anyway. :D

Remind me who Arsenal went out of the CL to this season? It surely can't have been the team we then wiped the floor with 3-0 away... :smirk:

Friggin selective memory....... :doah::banghead:

The Arsenal played well over the two legs and was the better team. However, they pulled another one of those typical for this season games where they were the better team but didn't score.

Funnily enough during those other 3 games vs Liverpool they didn't have that problem. :soccer::ghost:

"Those other 3 games vs Liverpool"? :dunno:

I wasn't aware that you'd ever faced us in Europe. :p

The only English team I can remember us facing in Europe and losing to are Nottingham Forest.*

*And, let's face it, in European terms, you're no Nottingham Forest. :cover:

Archived