American Breakfast soi 11-23

Lamock Chokaprret

Shortly I'll be moving to a new apartment on Suk Soi 23. I normally like to sit down with the BKK Post and read breakfast before heading to work (on Suk Soi 11). Can anyone recommend a good stop with an Amer. breakfast including coffee for around 100 baht? Doesn't have to be a buffet.

I've tried that place on the corner of Soi Cowboy and Soi 23 and the breakfast was OK but not stellar (IMHO). Also have tried that newish place that is on Suk in CP between the Minimart and Our Place (?). Anyway they've got a big sign for breakfast at 100 baht but it doesn't include coffee and is also just kind of passable.

And why is it, while I'm on this subject, that excellent buffet breakfasts are available in Pattaya for 85 baht and all the ones near Suk in BKK run at 150-160???

First off Lamock thanks for your posts in the apartment-hunting thread. I still am trying to decide whether to split my time between Pattaya and Bangkok, or just get a big, nice place in Bangkok. I have about two weeks to decide.

I wish I could be of more help here.

Obviously you can get an outstanding breakfast, buffet or otherwise, in many of the upscale hotels - some in your area. However, it will not be in your price range. The buffet breakfast at the Nana Hotel (a little further away) is good value at the asking price I believe - a bit over 100 baht?

I share your wonderment at how there are so many great breakfast deals down in Pattaya vs. Bangkok. Honestly, I think 'breakfast people' in Bangkok are a rare breed. Most people are either off to work (like me) or sleeping in and miss breakfast. Of course, you would think the latter would ring true with the Pattaya gang too. But, as you said, some great deals there.

I wish I could give you better info. for the area you are in. Down Silom way they have Delifrance, and Au Bon Pain isn't bad too. Again, some hotels with breakfast.

Have you checked out the Delta Grand or inside Times Square?

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

" Can anyone recommend a good stop with an Amer. breakfast including coffee for around 100 baht?"

Have you tried the Ship Inn on Soi 23, very near the entrance to Soi Cowboy? I always breakfast there when I am in Bangkok, but not the American Breakfast.

Fatbastard33

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

Shortly I'll be moving to a new apartment on Suk Soi 23. I normally like to sit down with the BKK Post and read breakfast before heading to work (on Suk Soi 11). Can anyone recommend a good stop with an Amer. breakfast including coffee for around 100 baht? Doesn't have to be a buffet??

Dimeglio's does an OK buffet including endless coffee, Thai and Western. It's not up to the standard of their other food, I don't think, but a very civilised start to the day and it's in Soi 11. I think the Grand President sends its guests there for breakfast - anybody confirm this and comment on the food. Otherwise, I would think the Federal would do the job too. Which end of Soi 11 are you working at? You can get across Asoke from Soi 23 at the crossing near to Prasanmit Plaza and cut through Soi 19 and Soi 15 to Soi 11 without having to bother with Asoke or Sukhumvit. Motorbikes will do it, or buy a cheap bicycle.

LG

quote:

Dimeglio's does an OK buffet including endless coffee, Thai and Western. It's not up to the standard of their other food, I don't think, but a very civilised start to the day and it's in Soi 11. I think the Grand President sends its guests there for breakfast - anybody confirm this and comment on the food. Otherwise, I would think the Federal would do the job too. Which end of Soi 11 are you working at? You can get across Asoke from Soi 23 at the crossing near to Prasanmit Plaza and cut through Soi 19 and Soi 15 to Soi 11 without having to bother with Asoke or Sukhumvit. Motorbikes will do it, or buy a cheap bicycle.

I've eaten the Dimeglio breakfast and rate it OK. In fact I work nearly across the street from it. I currently stop at the Royal President's coffee shop because that is where I stay. In fact, the owner of the RP and Grand President also own Dimeglio's so it wouldn't surprise me that the GP sends their guests over there.

All are around 150-160 baht and I was looking for a suggestion a little cheaper.

I've eaten at Old Dutch (that's the place I was talking about in my first post - just couldn't remember the name) and personally think the breakfast is just OK. Never tried Ship Inn though, so I guess I will. The others are a bit too far out of the way.

Good thing about the RP breakfast is unlimited coffee and BKK Post available to read for free. Might have to continue going there.

I like Crepes & Co. But, it is such an obvious choice in your neighborhood, that there must be some reason why others aren't touting it. Maybe it is a bit expensive, I'll admit. Nevertheless, if you haven't tried it, check it out, and bring an appetite. smile.gif" border="0

way back into the hood--18 Sukhumvit Soi 12

Archived