Ponderosa & Bennigans Coming to Thailand

Sarisin

Here is my story of the Thairestaurant 2nd Floor Ploenchit Centre :

On my first trip to LOS i was soon addicted to thaifood and so I found this place on my third or fourth day during my search for new thaifood to discover. As usualy i ordered about 3 different dishes and was struggeling my way thruh this really good food. One of them was 'Beef in red curry', i survived with lot of tears but could handle to keep a certain kind of 'dignity'. After i finished my meal a small, older Thai came to my table, greeted my very politly and handled me his businesscard. He introduced himself as the 'owner' of this place and started a conversation about business.

He: 'Where do you live in Bangkok ?'

Me: 'Ohh, I dont live here'

He: 'But you just eat this.'

He was pointing at the emty Beef in Redcurry plate. To make it short, he hardly belived that i was not a regular and could eat three dishes like 'Redcurry'. He then assumed that i was staying of cause in business at the JWMarriot. (Actully i was staying at the MSuites and my business...well i guess you all know). Do anybody say i doesnt matter what you wear? I left the place with about two dozent businesscards from him and the promise to send all my businesspartners to his restaurant. When ever i retured on later occasions the service there was more than first class. Only in Thailand...... tongue.gif" border="0

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we are on the subject of food in Ploenchit center, the food court on the top floor is great for lunch on the cheap! Also down stairs, near the Villa market, is Versailles, also great.

But going back to the Thai place second floor (funny, we all love it but can't remember the name) I have never had a bad experience there.

quote:

Originally posted by digiman:

"Why can't they build a Cheesecake Factory? A Morton's? OK, California Pizza Kitchen?"

Hell, Phordphan, I'd settle for an In and Out Burger.

There are some Cheesecake places around town, but not quite the same, I think.

We used to have burger joints like Bob's Big Boy, Wendy's and even Carl's Jr., but they all went belly up.

And, let's not forget that good ole place that put the word 'mystery' in mystery meat.....HoBurger. Barf. mad.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by digiman:

"Why can't they build a Cheesecake Factory? A Morton's? OK, California Pizza Kitchen?"

Hell, Phordphan, I'd settle for an In and Out Burger.

Not sure, but I think there is a Cheesecake Factory in The world trade center area, know I saw a cheese cake place there somewhere...

"And, let's not forget that good ole place that put the word 'mystery' in mystery meat.....HoBurger. Barf."

Forget the meat in that burger, Sarasin, just give me the 'ho. wink.gif" border="0

There is a Thai chain of bakeries called "The Cheesecake House" (there's one off Soi Thonglor). But is has nothing to do with the restaurant chain in the US, which I've heard great things about but never tried.

PS: The Cheesecake House's cheesecake is mediocre at best. By far the best I've had in the LOS is served at Kuppa, Sukhumvit Soi 16.

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: PvtDick ]

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

Yeah, I really like that place, nice people there also. Glad to hear it is/was filling up a bit. If you want a really good Lao/Isaan place, try Vientiane Kitchen on Soi 36, about a block off of Sukhumvit. Great atmospheare, and live traditional music, the girls I've taken there really love it.

Vientiane Kitchen, Is this that place near Thong Lo BTS station byond that empty field where some construction work was going on at the corner of Sukhumvit? And the place is under a huge umbrella and has some private sitting areas without chairs? I went there a few times last december and may. Excellent recommendation.

Mupfel: Here is my story of the Thairestaurant 2nd Floor Ploenchit Centre :

Hey, I never got beyond that very expensive internet place on the first floor. There is a cheaper place higher up. Will definetely visit that thai restaurent within the 10 next days....Thanks

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: thalenoi ]

Archived