Crisps?

Lusty

quote:

Originally posted by Mekong:
Fish and Chips is popular all over the UK, in most parts the fish used is Cod, but in S.East / London there is more of a choice, Skate, Haddock etc.

Out of all the Chippies that i have been to in the UK, London, in general, has the least in terms of choice and variety. Being a midlands man myself I can highly reccomemend the chippies further north. A typical example from one of my locals in the uk is. Fish, chips, five or six types of pie, cornish pasties, sausage( battered or not. Jumbo or regular size), saveloy, fishcake, black pudding, white pudding, (even know one that sells haggis!!), battered pineapple rings, scampi, mushy peas, baked beans, gravy, curry sauce, barbeque sauce, fried chicken,pickled eggs etc etc......god, that made me hungry....Soi 23 is called for...

Cheers

Roger

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Ah, I'm more like the plant. Feed Me.

While speaking about French Fries or Chips.....

Did you know that Larry the owner of Rock Hard buys about a half dozen or so large portions of these towards the end of the evening at Rock Hard for the patrons on-hand? I think he gets them from Woodstock, but, boy do they hit the spot. Great drunk food.

He used to get them from Woodstock but in the usual I want to f$##$ng well rip you off style, Woodstock tried to raise the price (only for Rock Hard)by 10-20B per portion and tried using the excuse, we have to bring them to you so have to charge you more.

They now buy them from Roadhouse.

You're right rictic. When I was there last Sat., Larry mentioned just what you said. He said he was getting the french fries from downstairs, and I had not thought about Roadhouse.

You and I were probably there at the same time.

How do you like Rock Hard?

Larry mentioned something to me about expanding the bar to the upstairs.

Oh, and what do you think about the balloons?

Hi Sarasin

I like Rockhard, I like the atmosphere and the staff. As for upstairs it's wait and see what it comes out like. Generally if your in a gogo you stay downstairs, seems a waste going upstairs unless there is something particular you want that happens to be there.

O.k. let me see if I understand this...chips are thick round slices of potatos that have been fried? o.k. think I understand now. By the way, Fish and chips, is it a London thing, or indiginous to other parts of Britain? Also, what is the traditionally used fish for this dish?

Old Hippie, glad to see that you are getting the picture now.

In answer to your question, Fish and Chips is popular all over the UK, in most parts the fish used is Cod, but in S.East / London there is more of a choice, Skate, Haddock etc.

Bollox, you have made me hungry now....down to the Londoner for F&C Lunch smile.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so to get back to the original plot.....

quote:

Can you buy Walkers cheese and onion crips in Los?

Maybe this is in line with the posting from Long Gun but a few weeks ago the Bulls Head had posters on the wall advertising the availability of Walkers C&O crisps....The advert was tempting but the price was not...much better things to spend the local currency on....

D

Archived