A Fun Night out

Dumsoda

Soi Thonglor sounds ideal for such an evening. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the Soi Thonglor area that don't involve p4p and, because they are all in the same general area, you don't have to travel much (something which can seriously ruin any evening in Bangkok). A few suggestions:

- If want an upscale place for dinner, go to Harveys or the Italian place next to it. Good wine and good food with prices to match. If you like Japanese, try J Avenue. Or there is the Playground. If you want Farang food, the new Woodstock is on Thonglor Sub Soi 13.

- If you want a pub, there is Witch's Tavern. If you want something more lively, there is Booze. Plenty of clubs on Thonglor Sub Soi 25. Or you can go over to the Ekkamai (not that far) to Santika [sp?].

- There is (or was) an open air red bus with a big J. Walker logo on it that runs Friday and Saturday nights taking punters around to all of the places on Thonglor.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not even in Thailand.. so don't start your soapbox OH!!! :doah:

Give me 30 years, and maybe I'll turn into a driveling mess :neener: :neener: Enact SSG part deux.

For now I'm not feeling it and you of all people should get that, with most BG's the intellectual equivalent of a predatory cat declawed on a tile floor.

Luckily attraction alone has never been a major problem.

All seeing, all knowing, and it will happen to you. I know this is a fun stance to take and you do it always, but it just isn't true of everyone. Not every guy has a SSG, as you did. Most people do fall in love or act a fool at some point (hell Frankie Valley sang about it :barf:)

But these cases are not always for an Isaan BG. It is a special case when it is, and the experience is quite different depending on the kind of lady you are with... life doesn't have that many paradigms, but there is more than one.

For now I'll stick to girls with firm shoulder massages and taut buttocks in a bar on a boys night out. Next day, sleep it off and then head out for an evening with a girl who I actually am interested in a bit :dunno: This has never turned out to be a BG.

I also will not be singing that guy's warbling version of "The Road to Hell" where he blatantly ripped off Leonard Cohen. Royalties?? Wanker.

Best,

the_numbers

Does this sound like bitter denial to you guys? He has it bad! Dumsoda told me all about her...but if you say it isn't so, o.k. :)

Oh, and I believe Chris Rea *may* have written that song...

Not every guy has a SSG, as you did. Most people do fall in love or act a fool at some point (hell Frankie Valley sang about it :barf:)

But these cases are not always for an Isaan BG. It is a special case when it is, and the experience is quite different depending on the kind of lady you are with... life doesn't have that many paradigms, but there is more than one.

Best,

the_numbers

Wise words, young man.

I agree with you totally. Maybe it is the old....exceptions prove the rule theory....but I for one fully endorse your words...."depending on the kind of lady you are with"...

One cannot make broad brush, sweeping generalizations, because it isolates you from any possibility of discovering and appreciating a gem.

Maybe I'm a besotted old fool who's being played, but I really don't think so.

I think more likely that, for whatever reason, I have been lucky enough to find "MY" Holy grail.

What happens moving forward, is yet to be determined and I guess...time will tell !!

In the words of "The Coach"....one game at a time.

Cheers DS :grinyes::beer::grinyes:

Does this sound like bitter denial to you guys? He has it bad! Dumsoda told me all about her...but if you say it isn't so, o.k. :)

Hey, leave me outta this.....I've got enough on my plate to sort out already, without getting dragged into any "Bath House" brawls...lol...

In the famous words of Sgt. Schultz....I know Nothing......

Just one quick comment, though. Mr. Numbers does have extremely "Good taste"..... the last time we had a drink, I did give the DS nod of approval to his selection of "Company".

Sweet sweet, Georgia Brown.....have to admit that , under different circumstances, I would have made the same choice... :up::up:

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd drag this to the surface again and see if anyone had any new updates.

Back in town late next week and the week after, after a 3 month absence.... my longest for more than 2 years.

Anything new and interesting to add???.... Will be down Thonglor way for sure, but keen to hear of anything else that's new.

Thanks in advance

Cheers DS

Archived