%$@#(&^$#@$% Phone System!!

Khun_Kong

Sometimes, LOS is just so 3rd world, lo-tech it makes me NUTS!!

OK, rant over, here's the facts:

Supposedly, after September 1,we have to add an "8" after the first "0" in all phone numbers. OK, pain in tha ass, but (semi)necessary.

Problem is, the telcos seem to be experimenting with it for at least the past 2-3 weeks, changing numbers and then changing them back, WITH NO G*DDAMN NOTICE!! OK, I suppose they have to test it on SOMEBODY's phone, problem is, it also seems to screwup MMS and SMS sending.

For example, today a TG from Pattaya, telephone number 04-025-xxxx, sent me an MMS at 3:30. Came through fine, but showed as +6684-025-XXXX. I talked to her twice between 3:30 and 5:30. At 5:30 she sent me an SMS and the number now shows as +664-025-XXXX. At 6:00, she called again, number still shows as +664-025-XXXX, but now she says she is unable to send me another MMS.

This has now happened 4-5 times in the last couple of weeks, once with me standing right next to her and trying myself. She gets a bit panicky when she cannot send, because she uses MMS as photo evidence to try to establish herself as a truthful person.

UPDATE: Just now, as I type this, she managed to send me the MMS and, WTF: her number again shows as +6684-025-XXXX!!??

Anybody know if disater is going to strike on Friday? Nervous Dog, you got the inside scoop?

No - but the real problem is going through the 300 numbers in my phone and working out which are thai and adding a 8 manually!

AIS has a service to do this, but then I'd have to go through and DELETE a 8, just as bad given half my numbers are not thai numbers

FARK

It also is affecting caller I.D. and sometimes I know and sometimes don;t know who is calling.

All in all a disaster waiting to happen.

no scoop though :(

DOOG

ND, if you have a modern mobile with a memory card you can use a card reader connected to your computer and edit the numbers there. Else buy a sim-card reader and do the same, but copy the numbers to the sim-card first as they may be inside the mobile memory only.

My main concern is what is the point of her sending you an mms, when it will only prove what she is doing at that time...not at other times....and more to the point why are you with someone you so obviously trust so little that she needs to do this for you AND gets into a panic when it wont work...with the greatest of respect to you...what kind of relationship are you having? Or going to have? Sounds like a nightmare!

Ok, maybe none of my business....but really dude...i wouldn't want my girlfriend to be so anxious...not a healthy state of affairs at all! You are crippling her confidence and self esteem, controlling her behaviour via a covert threat (the only reason why she would panic is due to what might happen if she does not conform) and creating long term resentment, which is more likely to send her into the arms of another....

Hope it works out for you.....but i suspect otherwise....take care!

I went to DTACâ??s service center in Paragon yesterday, thinking I needed a SIM card upgrade for the 1st Sept number change. I was told I was too early and to come back on the 1st Sept. The guy also suggested I come early as they would be busy! No sh!t.

I left none the wiser, do I need a SIM upgrade or not? And if I do when can I do it?

I just tried calling a few people I know on both number systems and all the calls seem to work with my existing SIM.

Well I did the SIM upgrade at DTAC the other day. They just shoved my old SIM in a USB port on their PC, ran a program, and returned the SIM. No one any the wiser I guess, but I think it will now work beond end of Nov :-)

Apparently this could all be done by oneself as well, saving a trip to DTAC, if you care to take time to read up about it!

Archived