Time again for da Big Game: Hurricanes vs Semen-oles!

Congrat Bada Bing, huge win obviously. We (Auburn) won but did it ugly and if the game was in Baton Rouge we'd have lost. We won't be top 5 by the end of the season I fear. This keeps up for Big Blue, the Michigan v. Ohio State will mean something this season (other than your mutual hatred) to the rest of us.

BB, the women in Alabama are VERY knowledgable about football, they're brought up in it. The most knowledgeable women I've ever seen frankly.

You're right about the coaches of yesteryears. They were institutions. Coached for 15 or 20 years at the same school. Bear was respected by Auburn fans as well. He also pushed for them to integrate the team there. There's a story of them losing to USC years ago and he went into the SC locker room, asked to see Sam the Bam Cunningham, brought him his locker room and told his players to get a look at not only a great football player but a man as well.

On another tangent, what is it with the state of Florida and great football players. They have more than enough to supply Fla State, Miami and the Gators as well as supply other states.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol...there are 3 college football teams I hate: Notre Dame, 'Bama and Penn State.

As for us BB, the SEC is one big minefield. Hard to win the national title out of that conference. Too many big games. You get pass LSU, there's always Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, 'Bama...its hard as hell. The Big 12 has the potential to be as well, but I think we shade them in depth of quality. If you run the table in the SEC you should be in the big one come January. Not taking anything away from the PAC 10, Big 10, Big 12 or ACC (a b-ball conference frankly). Although the Big 10 do look a lot stronger over the last couple years.

BB, I know Big Blue is the pride of the state so is Michigan State the step child? Do they feel they get no love?

Aside from football , I think Ann Arbor and Lansing are on par for the " luv " in sports. Of course if you are alumni , it will differ , State is always a step ahead of the Wolve's in BB , but the Wolves are very competetive , for me , I just grew up on Michigan football , nuff said , i'm a glutten for punnishment... :drunk:

Bada :beer: Bing

On another tangent, what is it with the state of Florida and great football players. They have more than enough to supply Fla State, Miami and the Gators as well as supply other states.

There (used to be anyway) are two high school football seasons in Florida, spring and fall. Therefore twice as much experience. That equals better players.

Cheers,

SD

I recall some of the bigger HSs in Alabama regularly getting some 30k and 40k for home football games, some of which had to be moved to the stadiums of smaller colleges like Troy State or UAB for bigger rivals. Valdosta in Georgia had a million dollar program. Looked more like a division II or III set up than a HS.

I'm afraid my Auburn team is not as good as their ranking and I'm waiting for them to prove it. I hope and pray I'm wrong but you all know how you know your team so well, you know when they are playing above or below their true quality.

So, early predictions about the BCS? Will Oh State survive the rest of the year with a target on its back? Who could be the suprise school that isn't in the BCS now but could be by January?

Archived